Unforseen Circumstances

Contrary to what Arlin believed, in a mere few hours, families of the Senior Council members had armed up against them providing evidences to the Court even before his son, Stepfan could find a lawyer for his father.

He didn't knew what they were but seeing that they had evidence of their allegations against Lord Tidus, he became more doubtful of his father's innocence. Was the news really true? Did his father really killed the Senior Council members? And if so, why?

He needed an answer, a proper reason behind his father's actions and he knew by staying at home, he won't get any. Seeing that there was a crowd out front, he decided to sneak behind the back door and make his way to the Vanguardians' Headquarters where his father was supposedly held.

At the same time, Arlin was slipping out, his daughter had just entered the city along with Tallion. Since she was here on a mission, she too was heading to the Vanguardians' Headquarters but that was before she saw her sister-in-law, the so called Vanessa Merron making her way to the back alleys.

Remembering that Leslie Merron died a few months ago and had no children of his own, Ishilda needed to do some investigation on her own regarding Vanessa.

What she didn't tell Tallion beforehand was that she had known Vanessa long before she became her brother's fiancee. Vanessa and Ishilda had went to the same school and were former classmates.

With a mission at hand, Ishilda knew she needed to complete her task first. But at the same time, if she lost track on what Vanessa was doing now, she might not have the same chance again.

After all, any matters pertaining the back alleys of Egondev usually had an underground connection and during these times of unrest, it became more suspicious as to why she was doing there.

Leaving Tallion to rest in a nearby inn, Ishilda secretly followed her down the back alleys. She made sure to keep a distance to ensure Vanessa couldn't detect her, all the while giving enough ground so that she could keep an eye on her. What she didn't expected as Vanessa made a turn in the corner was that she mysteriously disappeared in thin air.

Looking around to see if there was a hidden door of some sort, she looked up when she heard a voice.

"Who do we have here? Seems like a little Warbler."

And the world went black.

~~//~~

"Lady Arzhura, what should we do with her?"

"Hmm?" She turned around to see Ishilda being tied up in a chair. She was brought in unconscious with both her ears and eyes covered, preventing any information from leaking out.

Arzhura was having mixed feelings looking at Ishilda who was sitting few feet away from her. That was because when she first started her journey helping the Conventus, the one that had found her and saved her was none other than Ishilda.

Being kicked out from her family for being weak and cast aside in the gutters, it was during her lowest point in life, useless and unloved that she met Ishilda.

Although she herself wasn't aware of it, Ishilda had helped her in numerous ways, picking up the pieces she had left which helped Arzhura to be this strong woman today.

At that time, she wasn't aware of Ishilda's real identity and had gotten close to her as a friend. She had finally thought she would have someone by her side, a sister perhaps to share her joy and happiness in life but that was until Ishilda met Rowen and everything went down hill from there.