ONE

CHAPTER ONE
°⋆∴☽°:۵≼

i. welcome to forks !

— LET'S DISCUSS THE WORD 'TERMINAL'

LET'S DISCUSS THE WORD 'TERMINAL'. First and foremost it can mean an end of something and in relation to a disease the definition is simple; all possible treatments have been exhausted and still there have been no results. An incurable condition, leading to the termination of the patient. An end to suffering.

Now how about 'lungs'? They're these two spongy organs in your body that control air flow. These organs are indefinitely important for living. Breathing is something that humans need every second, for talking, laughing, running, or dancing.

Now finally, what's 'cancer'? Other than a scary word that makes people flinch. A hushed silence falls over the room. Whispers of horror are heard. Hundreds of different cancers and yet we'll still never get used to hearing that word. Cancer. In its entirety, a disease. So powerful and oh so heartbreaking.

And so, terminal lung cancer. Words that no child should be familiar with, or anyone for that matter.

How does terminal lung cancer affect people? Or more specifically, how does it affect the Swan family?

In Anthony's own rather professional opinion, it affected the Swan's in a way he wished it hadn't. His mother Renée lived in constant fear that he was going to drop dead any second. His sister didn't quite know how to accept his condition, so she resorted to ignoring it and him. While his father, Charlie Swan, was too awkward to talk to him about it, which didn't matter all that much since Renée had taken Anthony and Bella and ditched their father to live a warm life in Arizona.

Yet now, Anthony and Bella have said goodbye to Renée and her sporty new husband. Goodbye to the sweaty heat. Goodbye to that familiar hospital room.

While Renée and Phil were going to be travelling, Bella had offered for the two teens to live with their father.

Even though it was Bella's idea, the older Swan boy was much more excited. He missed his father dearly and could do with a bit of time away from Renée if he was being entirely honest.

So, as he stuffed his things away in a suitcase he said goodbye to his hospital room bunkies.

"I truly do not understand why you didn't just bone her when you had the chance."

"Liv, that's just-"

"I mean really now she's gone and you're sick, you missed your chance man. Look at Tony, he's going out and doing something with his life."

Anthony sighed and put his last article of clothing into his dark blue suitcase, which happened to be a pair of Batman socks.

"I'm moving to Forks, Liv."