THIRTY-NINE

CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
°⋆∴☽°:۵≼

i. perfect and messy !

— IT WAS COLD AND QUIET WHEN THEY PULLED UP TO THE HOUSE

IT WAS COLD AND QUIET WHEN THEY PULLED UP TO THE HOUSE. Looking out on the forest, the Cullen's beautiful building acted like a beacon, as all the lights shone through the windows and lit up Anthony's face as he stepped out of the car.

Only the wind made a sound, whistling as it went, and the very distant howl of a wolf broke the night.

Tony was floating. He felt so wonderful. Like all his life might somehow have been worth it, if it got him where he was.

Then he grabbed Alice's hand and led her inside, kicking his shoes off at the door and loosening his tie a bit while she danced further into the living area, giggling as she went.

"That was fun." Her mouth broke into a wide, untamed grin.

Tony's eyes gleamed as he nodded in acquiescence, joining her as she stood next to the couch, grabbing her hand again and twirling the small woman to the music only they could hear.

Then Alice pulled him into a hug, rocking back and forth and laughing quietly.

"Thank you." She whispered. "Thank you so much, Tony." Her eyes squeezed shut as she hugged the boy tighter, carful not to hurt him.

He chuckled and pulled back a bit to gently kiss her forehead, the way he did with Bella.

"No need to thank me." He stated. "I wouldn't have it any other way."

Alice giggled, looking up behind him at the stairs.

"I'm sure there's one other person I can think of that you wouldn't have minded taking." She winked, pulling away and laying a hand on Anthony's upper arm. "I'll see if I can convince Esme to go hunting with me, leave the house to you crazy kids." She laughed.

Tony didn't have to look behind him to know that Jasper was at the top of the steps, observing his two favourite people with the utmost admiration for both of them.

"Where's Carlisle?" Tony furrowed his eyebrows.

"Overnight shift at the hospital. Unavoidable. Apparently Hal cut his hand with a power saw again." She shrugged.

"Honestly, someone needs to tell that guy that pumpkin carving is a yearly thing." Tony shook his head.

"Right? And who uses a power saw to carve pumpkins?" Alice giggled.