Chapter Eight: Fresher's Fair

I'd have to start going to the gym from now on.

Just as George had said it was 'fun', and beating him at plank, without any prior training, was indeed exhilarating.

He went through the motions of explaining the forms for different workout routines, and he showed me how to use weights. He said for a first timer I was pretty good, that all the running I'd being doing over the years must have paid off.

Much like most things in my life, I took this gym session very seriously, and tried my best to stay focused and kept pushing myself to do more reps, or hold the position better, until I was gritting my teeth in pain.

There were definitely some muscles that I didn't even know existed until I'd strengthened them today.

George, on the other hand, was far too playful. He would act totally serious when explaining the position to me, and then as soon as I was focused and powering through another set of burpees or lunges, he'd jump out at me, or come up behind me and tickle me.

Bastard. I was not impressed.

When it was time to go I was sad. The rush of endorphins had boosted my mood, and I wanted to keep going so the wonderful feeling wouldn't die.

"You might wanna do some stretches tonight, else you're gonna wake up tomorrow and not be able to walk." George explained as we pulled up into my drive. He smirked. "Sorry about that. Definitely my fault."

There's a euphemism in everything isn't there?

"Thanks..." I trailed rolling my eyes with a giggle. "This was.."

I was about to say fun, but I thought back to earlier on today. I didn't want to lead him on, and I didn't want him to think this was the beginning of a friendship. I couldn't, I wouldn't let myself.

This was a one-off.

I didn't deserve someone like him, I needed to learn to fix myself first - if it was even possible to. And that was something only I could do.

"See you around Cassie." George said when I didn't finish my sentence. I nodded and hopped out of the car before going into my house.

He reversed out of my drive quickly and I stole a final glance at his white car as it sped off away from me.

*

I quietly got up from the bed and pulled on my pink undies, trying not to wake him. It was five to midnight.

I had to leave. Now.

I heard Dan softly groan from the empty presence on his bed.

"Don't you want to stay with me?" He asked sleepily and sat up in bed. His forest green eyes met mine as he raised an eyebrow.

"I leave at midnight," I said and smiled sadly. Not bothering with a bra I pulled on my top and slid into my black jeans.

"It's five to. Stay with me for five more minutes," He breathed and moved over to the edge of the bed so he could tug me over to him. I gazed at his beautiful puppy dog eyes and wanted to let my hand run over his cheek gently, but I didn't. It felt wrong tonight.

"Fine." I said and placed myself down next to him under the covers.

Immediately his huge arm slipped around my waist and pulled me underneath him. His weight pressed down against me as his face loomed above mine. Teasingly, his full lips brushed against mine like a soft breath and found their way to the crook of my neck. I was fully clothed but he was only in his boxers so I forced myself to let my hands roam around his bare back, hoping the nagging feeling that this was wrong would go away.