Chapteen Fourteen: Appointment

How's the past paper going? Do you feel like you understand it all better?

I looked down at the screen of my phone and couldn't prevent the smile climb onto my lips.

Yeah really helpful. Your method makes so much more sense. Can we move onto a different topic next week?

My words were not exaggerated. George's tutoring was exemplary. Once we'd sat down at the kitchen island and got cracking, it was all business. No flanter, no sidetracking. That suited me perfectly.

Nor did I feel too guilty about taking up his time since he'd do his own revision once he'd spent some time explaining a method to me and then set me some exercises to do.

Afterwards, once I'd finished the questions in a surprisingly short amount of time, we'd go through the answers together and he'd explain where I went wrong if I had the incorrect answer.

But to my surprise, that had not happened many times at all.

Whilst the sleeping in the same bed together - along with a bit of cuddling - still concerned me, I was glad the arrangement was set. I was going to pass my exams.

I'd reassured myself that my willingness to participate in spooning had been a moment of sleepy weakness, and an effort to thank George for his help, rather than confused desires of my own.

Sure. You're getting it pretty quick. You'll sadly be out of my bed in no time.

Frowning, I tried to read into what he meant be this.

Ha. Treasure it whilst you can then genius.

Oh don't you worry blondie, I am.

A slight tingle bristled down my spine and I felt heat creep into my cheeks. I decided not to reply and instead focus on the chemistry notes I was typing onto a Word document.

You up to anything interesting?

Whilst my blood indeed picked up as I heard a follow up text come in, I reminded myself to try to create boundaries. George and I's lives were very much wrapped up in each other's at this point - partially because of the tutoring/sleeping together and equally because of Anna.

He was of course, her friend. And one of the only ones left apparently.

Chem. I'm bored tho. Probably will go for a run in a bit and test out whether the evening really is more effective than the morning.

Since the first two nights we'd slept together, I'd evaluated that my behaviour patterns were beginning to change. And whilst the urge to smoke weed - or take any drugs at all - has lessened, the disruption to my routines was confusing.

I was running more, which was great, but I didn't want to kid myself into thinking I was becoming sane.

I'm bored too. Keep getting sidetracked reading instead of revising :( if the evening run works for you then we actually could have that race I've been after next week!

Sounds good too me. Exercise helps me to study better anyway. Are you still going to the gym?

Yeah, bout three times a week... why? You looking for an invite? ;)

Rolling my eyes, I felt the heat prowl up my face again. I crawled further under my duvet and hid my face under my hands.

"Cass-"

I screeched before Abi even finished her sentence. In response she yelled equally as loudly before her fear morphed into wild amusement.

"Sheesh Abi I think an ant coming into my room would have made more noise than you!" I yelled but my anger was misplaced. The embarrassment of George's text had thrown me off.