I | Even if I destroy myself, I will never hurt her.

They were both using their entire souls to love the other, but they forgot to say "I love you."

That night passed by peacefully, and they separated only after a very long time.

That night, unlike the previous nights, nothing happened.

~*~

The next day, when Alexander woke up, Isabelle was still asleep. He prepared quietly, making sure not to disturb her before leaving for work.

At the door, he turned and saw her still deep asleep, and he pondered for awhile before taking large strides towards the bed. Staring down at her, he lowered his head to kiss her temples before tugging the blanket around her. Satisfied, he walked out of the bedroom.

While he was searching for his car keys in his pockets, he felt the box that he had deliberately brought along in the morning. Sitting in the car, he paused momentarily before removing the tie clips from the box. Looking at the rear mirror, he attached the tie clips before driving off in satisfaction.

When Isabelle woke up, it was close to 11 am in the morning, but because she had slept late the night before, she still felt sleepy. She widened her eyes before turning back to hug the blankets, preparing to sleep more. But after closing her eyes for half a minute, she jolted awake, remembering her plans.

She turned to look at the time before rushing to prepare herself.

When she came down, Madam Mary had already prepared lunch. Isabelle hurriedly filled her stomach, then pulled Madam Mary upstairs to help her blow the balloons to decorate the room.

Isabelle deliberately moved the flower racks in the balcony aside, and with Madam Mary's help, she started arranging the candles she had bought.

Even though it was just a simple "Happy Birthday Alexander", the two of them struggled for two hours.

After decorating the room, Isabelle looked around to inspect the decor. Satisfied, she got Madam Mary to bring all her baking supplies to the kitchen.

Ever since she was young, Isabelle had never set foot in the kitchen, much less to say bake a cake. This was the first time in her life that she was making it, and it was indeed an uphill task. Luckily, Madam Mary was experienced, and with her guidance, she was able to finish baking a simple cheese cake.

After waiting for the cake to cool, she started to add a layer of buttercream while instructing Madam Mary to cut some fresh fruits for the cake. Lastly, in the empty space in the middle, she used red cream to write an almost illegible "Happy Birthday".

Isabelle inspected the cake, the taste was still unknown, but it's appearance was passable. Pleased with her product, she hid the cake in the freezer section.

Madam Mary smiled and started to wash up. "Mrs. Smith, Mr. Smith will definitely be happy with your surprise!"

Isabelle's lips curled into crescents as she grinned happily, staring at the cake in the freezer. Turning back to Madam Mary, she instructed, "Madam Mary, why don't you take the day off today? You can come back tomorrow afternoon."

Madam Mary understood instantly. "Yes, yes! How could I forget! If it's Mr. Smith's birthday, you must not want to be disrupted. I'll leave after packing up."

Isabelle smiled in embarrassment. "Thank you Madam Mary."

Madam Mary waved her hands, packing up swiftly before leaving.

After Madam Mary left, Isabelle realized that James's dinner celebration was about to begin. She hurriedly rushed upstairs to prepare herself.

That night, Alexander had to attend the dinner celebration as James. His assistant cleared his schedule for the evening, pushing everything forward. Ever since he entered the office, he had been so busy he had to eat packed food for lunch.