XLI | Why didn't you want my child?

When Isabelle finally opened her eyes, she was still in a daze. Where was she right now?

She lifted her head and looked around. When she saw that she was in a forest, she frowned before recalling what had happened. She had fallen into the stream while filming and then had thought that she was about to die. That thought sent a shiver through her even now.

Alexander seemed to have sensed her movements. He turned but couldn't see her face clearly, so he lightly asked, "Izzy?"

When she heard his voice, her frown deepened.

Why was he here? Was she dreaming?

Alexander waited for a while. When she didn't reply, he asked again, "Izzy, are you awake?"

When she heard him once more, she came back to her senses, remembering what had happened. When she was about to give up, she had felt someone hug her. At that time, she seemed to have thought it was just a hallucination...

She realized that Alexander had saved her, but she still couldn't process what had happened, asking in a daze, "Alexander, is that you?"

"Yes, it's me." Alexander's had heard the clear but faint voice. After a moment, he asked, "How are you feeling now?"

After he had asked, she seemed to feel a sharp pain on her left leg. Biting her lip, she replied softly, "I'm fine."

She lifted her head to look at the dried branch above her. "Where is this?"

"I don't know," Alexander replied honestly.

"Oh..."

They both remained silent. Alexander focused on the road ahead, walking carefully with Isabelle on his back.

Isabelle wasn't able to get over what had happened. She leaned on Alexander's back, staring into space with a blank expression, deep in thought. After a long while, she realized that Alexander's presence meant that he had jumped down the cliff after her.

In that instance, her heart squeezed, her expression turning into one of incomprehension.

The three meter cliff wasn't high, but in the face of such a strong current, wasn't he worried that he would die? And why did he jump ? If he didn't jump, would she already be dead?

Isabelle's mind was filled with endless questions. She couldn't hear Alexander even when he told her about the cave ahead of him.

Alexander carried her into the cave. Someone must have been here before for there was a straw mat and black charcoal inside.

Alexander was worried that she would catch a cold, so he signaled for her to sit closer. When she stood up, her entire body slouched forward from the pain in her left leg. Alexander came forward hurriedly to catch her. "You're injured?"

"It's fine." Isabelle shook her head before limping towards the fire. But after two steps, Alexander lifted her up and placed her in front of the fire before kneeling down by her feet.

He moved the red costume aside to see that the white pants beneath were already soaked in blood. He frowned and carefully lifted them There was a long cut on her left leg that was still oozing out blood.

Luckily it wasn't very deep. He heaved a sigh of relief before taking off his almost dried clothes. He dried them further in front of the fire before shredding without hesitation to wrap Isabelle's leg.

Even though he had been careful, Isabelle could still feel a stinging pain. She sucked in a breath, frightening Alexander. He trembled slightly and tried his best to lessen any force he had on the leg.