XXXVI | Royal Palace

Even though James was well and healthy, he hadn't completely recovered. It was easy for him to grow tired. That night, he had cooked a table full of food, and then chatted with his friends for a long time. In the end, he was sufficiently tired out. On top of it all, he had left the Williams family estate in a hurry, so he didn't bring his car keys and slept on the sofa of York Garden. He woke up at eight in the morning the next day, called a private car, and left straight away.

Isabelle, who had finished shooting the commercial, was completely free. In the following week, she was staying in York garden, sleeping and watching movies.

James's and Alexander's mansions were divided by just a fence. In the courtyard of one mansion, you could clearly see the what was going on in the other.

Isabelle and Alexander never bumped into each other again for a week after that day at James's mansion when they'd seen each other for the first time after their split.

Occasionally, when Isabelle would lay on the balcony reading, she would pay attention to the mansion next door. Every time she looked over, the big doors were shut tight. The courtyard had a floor full of tree leaves and flower petals, but no one tended to them.

She bumped into Alexander again on the first day of the next week.

Isabelle was a signed artist under Global Entertainment. Usually, she didn't really need to go into the office, but when Monday came around, she had to go in.

She slept very late the day before, so the next day when she woke up, it was already afternoon. Camila was busy that day, so she couldn't pick her up, but she also had her car, and so Isabelle had to call for a private one. She found a place to eat, and then went to Global Entertainment.

Isabelle stayed alone in the office, bored, so she pulled out her phone and played a game. Half-way through it, she received a message on WeChat.

She exited the game, clicked on WeChat, and saw that the notifications had come from the group chat.

That WeChat group didn't have many people in it; just the few regular people who liked to get together. About half an hour ago, Sophia had sent a message about treating everyone tonight to karaoke at the Royal Palace.

Isabelle immediately ignored the WeChat group. At first, she hadn't seen the message and didn't respond, but now she saw it after Sophia just @'d her. She replied with, [I don't have a car today. It's not convenient for me to go.]

Then Sophia @'d James. James immediately asked, [Izzy, where are you?]

[At the office.]

After a while had passed, James then said in the group, [Quickly get off work. I'll come pick you up.]

Isabelle didn't reply. She clicked back into her game and continued to play.

~*~

James stopped downstairs of Global Entertainment before he called Isabelle to tell her that he had reached the office.

After James hung up the phone, he coincidentally saw Alexander and his assistant coming out from the office block. James paused for a moment, then pushed open the car door and waved over at his friend.

Alexander's eyebrows twitched when he saw James and he walked over. "How come you're here?"

James called out "Bro", then replied to the question Alexander had just asked, "I'm here to pick up Izzy."

Alexander's assistant, who stood next to Alexander, shuddered a little, and hurriedly greeted James in an attempt to change the topic, "Mr. Williams, long time no see."