LII | Single and ready to mingle

After the meal, it was 3 pm in the afternoon, Isabelle left in James's car.

James turned and pointed to his lips that were still bruised. "Izzy, I've done so much for you this time. My brother even punched me thinking that I had an affair, and now I have to bear the title of an unfaithful man..."

James suddenly paused. He lifted his head to look into the mirror before turning to face Isabelle. "Izzy, do you think i look good with the scar?"

Yesterday, when he came out of the washroom, he had bumped into Helen. At that time, he was tending to his wound, so when he caught sight of her, he turned, facing her with the unscarred side of his face. He thought that she would brush past him, acting as a stranger, but she suddenly stopped, before walking in front of him.

Lifting her hands, she straightened his face to study the side that was bruised before chuckling. "Pssh! Hahaha! You look so much better like that!" Releasing his face, she entered the washroom.

Isabelle replied simply, "No."

"Not good?" James asked persistently before staring into the mirror once more. "I think I look good though..."

"..." Isabelle lifted her eyes, ignoring James, before adding shortly after, "James, thank you."

James, who was still examining his scar, suddenly turned serious. "Izzy, whatever I said just now was just a joke, I never took it to heart..."

"I know." Curling her lips into a smile, she continued, "But still, thank you."

~*~

Alexander sat in his chair, finally able to calm down after the frantic day. Reaching for his phone out of habit, he scrolled through the long list of notifications, realizing that there weren't any news from Isabelle.

After visiting the Williams family she didn't say anything?

Just when he was about to send her a text, an incoming call came in.

Isabelle was calling.

Without hesitation, Alexander received the call. "Hello."

Before the call could even ring, Alexander had already picked up. There was a moment of silence before Isabelle asked, "Are you done with your work?"

Without even glancing at the documents that had piled into a mini hill on his desk, Alexander replied, "I'm done."

Not pausing, he asked, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing..." Isabelle seemed to have something to say but held it in. She hesitated before replying, "Alexander, if you aren't busy, you can come to the restaurant on the top floor of Hyatt hotel. I'll treat you to dinner."

"Sure, I'll come right now."

After he hung up, he grabbed his jacket and rushed out the door, not even bothering to turn off his computer.

Just then, Alexander's assistant came to look for him. Before he could knock on the door, it was yanked open violently, scaring him backwards. He hurriedly greeted, "Mr. Smith."

Alexander ignore him, taking large strides to the elevator.

His assistant trailed behind. "Mr. Smith, you have a dinner today..."

Alexander entered the elevator. Lifting his head, he interrupted, "I haven't switched off my computer, help me do that and remember to close the windows, it might rain."