XXXI | With You

The next day, Isabelle woke up early in the morning. She looked out and found the weather in a horrible condition. The skies were cloudy and the entire city seemed to be covered with a thin layer of fog.

Camila had already packed all her items and the hotel staff was already bringing them to their car. Before leaving Isabelle specifically went to the set to bid farewell to the director, Jake, Helen, and the other crew members who still had one last scene.

Regardless of how they entered the set, or how they had quarreled regarding their screen time, when it was time to leave, all of it no longer mattered. Everyone had slogged hard for this movie for about three months. It was a set that was filled with happiness, sorrows, tears, and everyone's hard work.

Isabelle wasn't a dramatic person, but when she bid farewell to everyone, she started to feel tears welling in her eyes.

She didn't go back to York Garden but instead got Camila to send her to the hospital that James was at. As for her luggage, she tasked Camila to send it to her house, planning to claim it afterwards.

After Camila's car left, Isabelle entered the hospital. Xu Wanli wasn't around but Mrs. Williams and her housekeeper were in the ward, helping the nurse pack, while James was taking some tests.

Isabelle walked forward to help Mrs. Williams pack James's clothes. She scanned the room to ensure that they didn't leave anything behind before getting to the housekeeper to place the items in the car. After about ten minutes, the doctor came out to inform them of the next checkup, and hey entered the car.

The car headed straight to Williams family's house. Even though James was already able to walk, his body was still weak from being in a coma for such an extended period of time. That's why when they returned, Mrs. Williams got the maids to support him into his room to rest the moment they reached the house.

Before Mrs. Williams had gone to fetch James, she had gotten the maid to make him some herbal porridge. Once he was settled in, the housekeeper instructed the maids to bring the porridge up.

In a enthusiastic and coaxing tone, she said, " Young master, you have been busy the entire day. Mrs. Williams got the maid to prepare some herbal porridge for you, you should have some."

Mrs. Williams sat at the bedside. She faced the bed with a warm smile on her face. "Son, let mum feed you some."

As she said that, she reached her hand towards the housekeeper. The housekeeper immediately passed the porridge over, but before Mrs. Williams could take it, Isabelle had already grabbed it. She turned and said, "Let me do it instead."

Mrs. Williams paused, but she didn't object, standing next to the housekeeper. "Let Izzy do it."

The housekeeper politely passed the porcelain bowl over. Isabelle took it with two hands before sitting in front of James. She scooped a spoonful and blew on it softly before sending it to his mouth.

James opened his mouth. He looked at the people surrounding him and frowned, then waved his hand. "Mum, can you all get out, its getting suffocating."

Isabelle scooped another spoonful and blew on it with a smile on her face. She turned and said, "Auntie, you guys can entrust him to me."

Mrs. Williams saw them as two lovebirds who were trying to get some time alone. She smiled indulgently before sending a glance to the housekeeper. The woman understood instantly, exiting the room with the maid.

Mrs. Williams was the last to leave. Before she left, she glanced at Isabelle and James. She hesitated slightly before taking out her phone to take a few photos of them secretly.