Chapter| 6

A/ N

Just a super quick thank you to all of you who have read my books. You guys don't understand how much this means to me. I am so grateful for the 200 reads on my story.

Thank you to the: 38% in America, 4.8% in Canada, 14.2% in England, 4.8% in Finland, 4.8% in India, 9.5% in South Africa, the 4.8% in Ireland(me) and the 4.8% in New Zealand!

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter which I took forever to post because I'm lazy but hey I practically wrote it in 3 days!

Ps. Really Unedited

Life seems to be some sick joke. As I cried into my knees, I thought about everything I dreamed of when I was a little girl. I was only 4 when the vampires lead their rebellion against the human race. I wanted to become a - get this - a princess. Call it cliche, but I wanted to become a princess so that I could make a difference in the lives of other people.

I don't realise, that no matter how hard you hoped for something, it wouldn't come true. Not if you were a human anyway. I knew that no matter how hard I prayed, Levi would still get me. It left me with only one thing to do. Escape. It would be tough though, seeing as this magnificent Castle was really just a prison for human servants. But I had to live on in freedom, for Jessica.

After wallowing in self-pity, I got up. The last thing I needed was for Blondie to come back to me crying in his room. Dusting myself off, I leave walking back to the room. I open the door to see Kassi and Taylor talking in hushed voices.

"What do you think it means?" Taylor hissed at Kassi.

Kassi shrugged, rubbing her hand against her face, "I don't know how she would react- you know she hates vampires."

I took this moment to make my presence known, "Who hates vampires?"

Their heads snap towards mine. Taylor wears her usually don't-care face, while Kassi seemed to look everywhere except my face.

"What's wrong?" I asked them, folding my arm over.

Kassi looked at Taylor who nodded at her, before turning to me, "Betty came in today looking for you?"

"And ??" I asked furrowing my eyebrows.

"Well she told us to pack your things and that you would be leaving with a vampire." She said finally, fiddling with her finger.

My eyes widened. No way, he wouldn't have - would he?

"I will rip that damn leech into shreds!" I shouted. I turned around about to leave when Taylor stopped me.

"Wait, Ira, what's going on?" she asked me.

I sighed, rubbing my temples with my fingers, "Turns out I'm a vampire's mate." I told them.

Taylor looked taken aback, while Kassi smiled. I repeat, smiled.

"Congratulations! It's a great honour to be mated to a vampire."

I stared at her in disgust. I liked Kassi, she was nice, but I'll be dead before I'll hold such reverence for those creatures. I wanted to ask her why on earth; she would think such a thing but decided against it. She was only trying to be polite.

"I'm sorry but I need to find Levi, the vampire man," I told them.

I walked to the door before remembering something, "Oh and please don't mention this to Gerrie, I would like to tell her myself." They nodded and so I left.

I had an inkling feeling that he was back in the room so I went there. On the way there I calmed down and began to think up a strategy. I needed to be civil if he would let me stay here. As they say, the hell you know is much better than the hell you don't. I knocked on the door and was met with a grunt. I opened the door and there he was, he looked like he was packing up.

I walked in and took a closer look, he seemed to have some of my stuff. At that moment I wanted to explode but I quickly decided against it. Calm and civil was the way to go.

Levi turned and looked at me, "Are you here to apologise to your vile vampire mate?" He asked bitterly.

I mentally cursed myself, my stupid rant has him pissed.

"Look, I understand that I hurt your feelings but I meant what I said. I'm not ready to have a mate, or do all those things to spoke about." I told him honestly. His face held no emotions as I continued.

"I'm sure there must be some way to strike a deal?" I asked.

"Is there a way for you to talk to me like I'm some sort of monster?" he bit back.

I flinched at his harsh tone, "I'm sorry but I haven't had the best experience with vampires."

"Well, obviously not with that attitude!" Levi said rolling his eyes.

I ground my teeth together, calm and civil Ira, calm and civil.

"You can' t deny that some vampires don't like human, so why is this any different?"

His baby blues stared into my deep bronze eyes, "Because you're my mate. I've dreamt of meeting you since I was a child. And know to know that she doesn't love me 'cause of the way I was born- That hurts"

I could see the betray in his eyes and I felt guilty for something I shouldn't. I felt lured to him and I soon was taking steps towards him.

"I'm sorry, I'm not the mate you've hoped for since you were a kid but being mated to a vampire is something I'm not completely sure I'll ever come to terms with."

He stared at me before speaking, "Vampires being mated to humans are unusual occurrences, and so, therefore, the vampire king must ensure that both partners are willing. If he doesn't believe it to be, the human shall be relieved from the relationship."

My eyes widened, there was a way for me to get out of this whole issue. Levi noticed the glint in my eyes and spoke, "I, however, am good friends with the king, and he knows me to be a trusting and honest man. So if I tell him that you are my mate I can assure that he will believe me."

"Is there any way we can compromise?" I asked him.

He nodded, " How about this, you stay with me but remain a maid. You try to get to know me. After about a month we will be required to meet the king. If he sees you as unwilling then fine, I'll let you go. " He said.

" But," he places his thumb gently on my cheek and my breath hitched, "The king sees a spark then, we shall remain together. Fair?"

I mind froze at his touch, "Uh..I...I.s....sure that's um...fair" I stuttered.

He smiled bringing his face down until our lips were just about to graze each other, "Thank you." he grinned, pulling away. I let a shaky breath that I held in.

All I needed was to survive a month. All fine, right?