Chapter| 12

A/N

This chapter has changed please reread!!

Silent. The world was silent. That was the first thing I realised when I woke up in a bed that wasn't mine. It was the first thing I noticed when I woke up. That and the fact that I held little memories of the events that unfurled yesterday. Bits and pieces fullied my mind. But the most prominent thing was a pair of beautiful blue eyes that seemed to have my entranced. I sat up, immediately feeling the affects of all the blood rushing down from my brain. I flinched in pain. I felt exactly like the training we used to do. How to make someone go unconscious. Restrict oxygen from the brain, long enough for it to shut down, but short enough for it not to cause permanent damage. I felt along my neck looking for sore spots that would be an indication of that happening. None. Slowly, remembering my headache, I swung my legs over the bed. Looking up I took in the room. It was large, much bigger than the house that Jess and I lived in. In the centre was the four-poster bed I had slept on. There was a balcony on my left and on my right a door. I pressed my feet against the cold hardwood floor and shuffled to the door. Opening it revealed a large bathroom. I walked out with one question on my mind. Why was I in this room? I continued roaming around in search of any clues. I found another door, but it was locked. I pulled at the latch but it refused to budge.

My survival instinct kicked in as I immediately began looking for a way out. Maura had taught us to look for windows or clips to unlock doors. I search for a paper clip or bobby pin, stumbling upon one in the bathroom. I slowly began to open the lock. It was a skill that required patience and mastery and after a few minutes, it was open.

I slowly crept out into a large golden hallway. Was I with Master Johnson? Where was Levi? When I turned the corner, I was greeted by a wild animal. It was like a miniature wolf. I froze. Slowly, backed away but the animal started to yap. The creature suddenly lunged at me and I was on the floor.

I covered my face, preparing for his teeth to sink into me. Instead, he just laid on top of me, panting with large breaths. I didn't know what to do.

"BRUTIS!" A voice spoke.

I looked up and there he was. The man with the blue eyes like the sky. In an instant, the beast was off me and by his side. He looked down at me with a scowl, " Rilla, what are you doing out of your room."

I froze. Him, I remembered him. He was the guy from before. I looked at him, trying to put it all together. Who was he?

I looked warily at the beast who seemed content by his master's side.

He looked up at me, then down at him, with a look of nostalgia on his face. " I believe he still remembers you."

"I don't remember him," I say warily.

Slowly, I stood up, dusting off his hair.

"I'm sorry, where are we?" I asked.

He looked at he, turned around and began walking, is beast following him. I stared at his back as he left. He looked back at me, "You hungry?"

I narrowed my eyes. I've never seen a human look so confident in vampire territory, he must be high up.
I was still hungry though, and perhaps I can somehow escape.

I trailed behind him, as he lead me to the kitchen. He began pulling out pots and pans. He placed a small bowl filled with fruit in front of me, which I accepted gratefully.

"So, what's your name?" I asked.

He hesitated for a second before answering, "Princely"

I looked at him, "What's your real name?"

He crossed his arms defensively, " It's my name!"

I laughed, popping a grape into my mouth.

"What was that thing?" I asked, still curious.

"You mean Brutis? He's never forgotten you" he chuckled, looking down at what he was making.

"What?" I asked him.

He shook his head, "Nothing. Anyway, Brutis is a dog, a Shepard to be exact."

What on earth was a shepherd, or a dog for that matter. Either way, it wasn't important, I needed to find a way to leave. My best bet was to coax it out of this man.

"So Princely, who owns this joint?" I tried to ask casually, taking another bite into the strawberry.

He turned at me and shrugged before going back to his cooking.
I decided to push further.

"Look, human to human. I need to leave to this place. I need to get back home."

"Why?" He asked, with almost a tone of .... betrayal?
I shook it off.

"I have people who need me. I don't leave the people I care about-"

He coughed suddenly. The plates shook some and I could have sworn ground trembled too. He look at me, his eyes no longer a light blue but a deep, pulsing crimson. It was just a flash, most likely a trick of the eye.

"Who needs you?" he asked, a veil of hurt with his words.

"Jess-" 

I stopped myself. She didn't need me. I cared about and I left her. 

I stayed silent, not replying. The silence was answer enough. 

He spoke again,"I'm not sure that you can go right now?"

"Why not?" I pressed, "Is there something that I don't know?"

He shook his head, "I think it was an order from a vampire,"

Dammit! What could I do? First Levi, then Johnson now this? Could things get more complicated. The best thing I could do now was lay and not make too much noise. Maybe the second times a charm? I had an affinity for vampires and Princely was exactly not that. It was refreshing not having to worry about someone going for the neck. Sighing I slouched in my chair, "Will I be stuck with you?"

His eyes widened with feigned offence, "Why would you ask that question like that?"

I shrugged, "In the most polite way possible, you remind me of Kassi,"

His face morphed sightly, "Why is that?"

I furrowed my eyebrows, glancing over him. He didn't have the characteristic doe-eyed look the rest of us had. He seemed confident in his words like he didn't routinely look behind his back,"