Chapter XVII

A huge apology about the other week I just couldn't managed to sort things out. I have another chapter that will be coming very soon aswell so look out for that. So for now enjoy this ridiculously long chapter.

Chapter XVII

I remained seated on the bed, butterflies fluttering inside my stomach. Princely had once again left me speechless. I let a soft grin grow on my face. I usually wasn't this giddy.

I ran a hand through my coily hair, threading through the tangles and sighed. I let out a frustrated sigh. I had to meet Gerrie at eleven. What would happen if I couldn't make it ? I couldn't leave her there. 

A light knock on the door pulled me out of my trance. In walked Lyka with an unrecognisable look on her face. I wanted to question her about it, but instead she gestured for me to follow her. I followed obediently. We left our usual area, walking to an unknown part of the castle. I soon realised it was the dining room where I first ran into Master Johnson. 

She sat down on one of the mahogany chairs, and I followed suit. 

She took a deep breath, moving her long raven hair to the side.

"You're going on a date with Princely today."

I nodded, not quite knowing where this conversation was going. 

She sprawled her hand out onto the table. 

"Princely means...alot to me. My title may be a lady in waiting for you, but my loyalty is completely to him."

I froze, taken aback. What the hell was she talking about ? A lady in waiting - for me?

"What are you on -"

She raised a hand, silencing me, "Ira a lot will change very soon. Your life will be completely different. I'm not trying to harm you, I'm warning you."

"Warning me about what? Who's trying to harm me?"

She laughed coldly, "Everyone Ira. "

This wasn't Lyka. She was kind and caring. This girl seemed like she knew something that I didn't.

She stood up, giving me a hand. Her eyes showed she held no room discuss, but I didn't take her offering - she just said everyone wanted to harm me, right?

She sighed, "I promise everything will come together, right now let's get you ready for tonight."

I didn't reply, so she brought us back to the room. She opened the doors to the expanses of the wardrobe.  She showed me the plethora of dresses of various lengths and styles. 

"I'll leave you to it." She walked to the door, "Don't tell Princely anything- at least not yet. Talk to Gerrie first," and left.

I was left astounded. How did she know about the note ?

Something was going on. I had a feeling it had something to do with my dream and Princely.  If she was a lady in waiting it would explain why Bessie greeted her with such respect.

I spent the next few hours mauling over different theories, trying on the dresses one by one. I settled for a loose beige summer dress.I looked at myself in the mirror. The dress was gorgeous. It hugged the top of me before falling down neatly. I didn't look like the girl who grew up in trees, constantly moving around in fear. I was Ira, a beautiful girl who didn't have to worry about anything. I looked neat. It was a first. This was what I had dreamed of in the past. I thought being sent here was a death sentence. Yet here I was. I never thought I'd actually get to be treated like a princess. Once again, here I was.