Chapter| 7

How are you, you beautiful, amazing human being!! Hello to everyone!! Can I just say I'm so grateful for almost 500 reads, that's half of 1k!! I hope you enjoy this chapter which is much longer than normal!

I quietly slipped from Levi's room and made my way back my bedroom. Once again Taylor and Kassi were speaking on the bed. Taylor saw me in the corner of her eyes and quickly turned to me.

"How was it?" she asked eagerly.

"I need to stay with him for a month - I still remain a maid though. But after the trial period, the king chooses whether or not I'll stay with him."

"Why wouldn't you, he's your mate?" Kassi asked with furrowed brows.

I sighed, how could I explain it to her? All the vampires she'd ever met we all kind, 1 in a million. She lived in a household where the head vampire treated her like she was a princess and all she knew was pampering.

"Kassi, vampires and I don't have the best track records. Lot's of things have happened that has made me seriously dislike them." I told her " I'm really uncomfortable with the fact I'm supposed to spend my life with a less- no vampire."

Her cocked to the side, " But isn't that almost racism? Just because you met a few bad people doesn't mean that they're all horrible."

I puckered my lips, there was no getting through to this girl. I nodded and stood up. 

"I think I'm going to the gardens for a quick walk."

Taylor stood up as well, " Yeah I'll follow you, I'm in need of fresh air. Do you wanna' come?" Taylor asked Kassi.

I looked at the beautiful blonde, practically begging her with my eyes not to follow me. Thankfully she didn't.

"You guys go ahead I need to go and make sure the King's chambers are to his likings," she said, getting up and dusting off her clothes.

Taylor and I nodded and left. As soon as we're out of the door I let a breath. Honestly, how could Kassi be so blunt and -

"You seem pissed off," Taylor said with her arms crossed.

I stared at her, contemplating whether or not I should go full rant mode and release all my anger. I understood that Taylor was close to Kassi and I didn't want to put her in a compromising situation.
I decided to, however, rant anyway.

"Doesn't it seem weird?" I asked Taylor.

"What?"

" That Kassi holds no resentment towards vampires, not even a tiny bit," I said.

Taylor stopped walking and looked at me, "And what makes vampires so bad and humans so great?" she asked.

"Well for the obvious reason, they barter human beings coins and treat us like crap."

"Is that what you think they do? That's not how they see us, Ira." she snapped.

"Wait, are you mad at me?"

"Look, for Kassi, vampires have been way better to her that humans have ever been. I'm surprised that she even talks to us after everything she's been through."

I scoffed, "Yeah, being handed a silver spoon then becoming a maid- boo hoo, my life is so sad-"

"Ira, you are acting like a child. Kassi's right- you are being really unfair to vampires. There are bad and good people, humans and vampires alike." she said before walking towards the kitchen.

I sighed, what did they know. They never witnessed their sister being murdered my leeches, did they? They've never seen the look of malice in their eyes. Humans aren't like that. They aren't savages.