Chapter 21

I was drowning. Falling deep, my lungs could no longer withstand the lack of air and began to collapse on itself. I was drowning in lies. So many lies. The feeling of realising that everything I had believed in turned out to be false. Everything. With that feeling came anger, sadness and heartbreak. It's inexplicable. It hurts. Forgiveness is the last thing on my mind. Why did they lie? Why did they leave I out of something so important? Did they not believe I wasn't strong enough to handle it? Or did they just want to cover up the mess they made?

"Do something!" Lyka exclaimed.

I stood frozen, thousands of possibilities swarming in my mind. I knew deep down that I couldn't let him die. I thought about everything, from our first meetings to the things he had just confirmed. He was a vampire. I needed an explanation from him, he needed to be alive for that. Regardless of the situation, there was one thing that was true, I loved him. I couldn't sit back and watch some else leave me. I already felt so guilty, my inaction led to the death of Jessica, I couldn't do that again. Suddenly as I was about to go over to Princely, Lyka pulled open the drawer behind her and took out a knife. It was a thin blade that glinted it dim light. She held it firmly in her hand, her eyes trained on mine. Everything happened so fast. The look in her eyes.

"I'm sorry," was all she said before she lunged for my wrist. I let out a scream and tried to pull away but she had a firm grip on me. With a shaky breath, she trailed the sharp edge of the blade along my skin."Wh-what are you doing?" I whispered in shock. The pain was gut-wrenching. A sharp ringing shot through my ears. I watched in horror as she dragged me towards Princely and offered him my unwilling sacrifice. I tried to pull away, digging my heels in, this wasn't what was supposed to happen. This wasn't how I wanted it to happen. She lifted it to his lips but he turned his face away, "N-no, I can't force her," Lyka shook her head, "You need to do this, I won't let you die."

With that, she used her other hand to grab his face and lifted my wrist once again. He latched onto to it instantly and I let out a scream of pain. I felt his teeth go through each layer of my skin, tears swelled in my eyes. This isn't how it felt like before. It wasn't pleasurable or sweet. It hurt like a gaping wound. He continued, taking deep sucks, with each turn making me feel weaker and weaker. He left my wrist moving onto my neck. He went deep just missing my windpipe. This wasn't me, I should have screamed and kicked and buck in his grip - but I didn't, I couldn't. It hurt too much. Lines grew blurry and my feet felt weak.I felt like the floor had dissipated from underneath me. Like I was drowning pain, so much pain. I just wanted to fade away. Lyka, realising what was about to happen pushed mine away from him. I fell violently to the floor, hitting my body against the wall. Sharp, searing pain entered me - fast. I was spinning. She scrambled towards me, checking the cut, "Dammit," she whispered, "I'm sorry I'm sorry." she repeated.

With my other hand, she guided it so that I squeezed the wound tightly, trying to get the bleeding to stop. I felt light-headed. It hurt all over. What the hell just happened. I looked down at my wrist, almost swooning at the sight of deep marron blood gushing from my arm. At that moment I didn't know what to feel, how to react. How often does someone slit your wrist and offer you up to a vampire like a human offering? Princely was still on the floor and he let out a pained groan. She moved back to him. It seemed like my blood did to aid him. She looked around the room frantically trying to find what else would help him, completely forgetting about me. She hastily ran into one of the bedrooms.

I knew I had to leave, I couldn't stay here. As soon as she left I stood up, clutching the table for support. I held in the scream that was at the back of my throat. I staggered out of the room, not looking back. Each step hurt, every fibre of my body ached. I choked on the pain. But I had to leave. I stumbled down the stairs to the garden almost tripping over myself, my leg dragging behind me. The moon now hung high in the sky, it's silver glimmer coating the peaceful flowers. I didn't have much strength left in me, I didn't know how much longer I could last.

 I fell to my knees. It hurt so much. I wanted to break down in tears from pain, anger and sadness. With whatever little amount I could muster I crawled to a bush that was off to the right. I wanted to just stay there and sleep, wish away everything that has just happened. I wanted to ignore the burning sensation that ran along my body. I couldn't breathe.I could feel my throat close up. I was so scared, alone and afraid. Lyka had taken something from me- my sense of security. I felt so useless so weak. Like I had let this happen and the sick part is that I did let this happen.

"IRA!" a voice called out and I froze. I could hear the sound of footsteps get louder. Fear struck my heart. I tried to shuffle backwards into the bush but it hurt too much.

"Ira?" I looked up to find red hair, not black. It was Gerrie! I had completely forgotten that I was meant to meet up with her. She looked slightly older now, Her hair was had grown out of its bob and now was at her shoulder. It had lightened somewhat into a deep strawberry blonde.

She rushed to my side, her eyes widening in shock, "What happened to you?" she cried.

I could only imagine what a mess I looked like.

I tried to talk but my neck only constricted. Sensing what was happen she took my hand to try to lift me. I cried in pain and she looked down at my wrists. She froze, all colour draining from her face, "W..w..what did they do to you?"

I wanted to break down into tears. How did this happen? My life had been switched upside down in a matter of minutes. And to think Lyka, a person I thought was my friend did this... I thought back to earlier today, my title may be lady in waiting for you, but my loyalty is completely to him. When she said people would harm me, I didn't know she was talking about herself. I just wanted this all to go away.

Gerrie gently took my good arm and wrapped it over her shoulder. I let out a groan. "I'm sorry," she whispered.

***

I lay down in a bed that wasn't my own. I don't think it really hit me yet...what had happened. In reality, it felt like nothing more than a sick dream that I would wake up from.I couldn't look around, my neck felt like someone had ripped a chunk from it. The room was silent and dark. My thoughts crept to Princely. The glassy look in his eyes whilst his lips were against my throat. I shut my eyes tight, willing the thoughts away. But they kept replaying. The knife, across my wrist. The blood. So much blood. The first thing I felt was heavy with pain. Like I had a blanket of lead needles over me. The next thing I realised was that I could feel every single inch of my body. Every pulse, every cut. Every. Single. Thing. The gash along my hand - I could feel the corners of the cut tearing about with each flex of my wrist. My feet didn't feel like my own -the sharp, stabbing pain from them was almost blinding. The worst thing, however, was deep, throbbing of my head. With each pulse, I skipped a breath. I wanted to cry, to shout but the pain was too much. It muffled any plea for help.

 I opened my mouth and was hit with a reverbing pain, a sharp sting like I had swallowed a sharp bone that was stuck. My mind fogged over in agony. I couldn't think. All I could do was wish everything away. To hope that it all comes to an end. I knew, deep down, the wounds were fatal. Slowly, I began seeing black dots that peppered my vision. A ringing, quiet at first started to buzz through my ears. The dots grew and I knew what was soon to come and the pain slowly dulled away. From the side, I heard a door open and a light hand touch my shoulder gently. Then a sharp prick. The dots began receding and the ringing died down. I wanted to curse whoever took away the numbness.

A voice spoke softly, "Don't worry, this will help with the pain,"

I wanted to reach out, tell them there was no point, my life ruined regardless - to just let me go. The person as though hearing my thoughts, reached and gripped my hand.

"You'll get through this. I promise,"

I really hoped she was wrong. 

I had nothing to go back to. 

Nothing at all.