Chapter 20

A/N

So it has been literal months since I last posted a chapter, here are a couple of excuses: Coronavirus, school, a kidnapping (-_-), my laziness and so much more. I will try my best to keep up with everything but I really want to edit the entire story so you will see a lot of notifications and that the story doesn't line up correctly - you know why. I still read your funny comments ALL the time and they brighten up my day. And yes, you can still help a sista learn German!

Knowledge is power. Whether it is that passed from generation or cultivated over years of practice - it possesses the ability to change someone's life. Holding something that others so desperately want puts you in a position where you have all the cards in the deck. In this game of poker - I had an empty hand. But one thing I've learnt is how to bluff my way to victory. Only that victory holds a prize I wasn't sure I wanted.

After Kassi had left the room I sat in silence contemplating upon what she had said. As though she held some sort of information that I lacked. The final piece that would solve the puzzle. Part of me wanted to run out there and apologise, tell about how I was wholly consumed by the death of my sister - even months after her death. I knew deep down that she was right, I was victimising myself but I was also aware that seeing someone being choked to death, flailing and withering in agony is gonna leave you with some issues. Like Princely had said, I couldn't blame vampires for everything. But every time I forgot about it, and began to move on, the violent images replayed in my mind like a sick movie reminding me of how much of a failure I was. Of how I did nothing but watch as she struggled. I could hear myself repeating the same excuse like a broken record. But why was everyone so angry at me? Talking as though I had to forgive them. I was allowed to have my feelings and to be upset - I deserve that much.

I poured myself a glass of water and sat back down, staring as the bubbles rose to the top of the surface before disappearing away. In it, I saw the faint reflection of a girl. Her deep brown almost black eyes shone back at me. Eyes were the window to the soul they say. If so, mine were empty and I'm sure Kassi would agree. I was the wicked witch who blamed all of her many flaws on others. I could practically hear her voice. The only person that could somewhat understand was Princely. He was empathic and caring. I thought about his blue-grey eyes, the ones that held so many emotions and unspoken thoughts. There was something regal and familiar about them - as though I had met him once in another life.

A familiar feeling began to crawl up my leg, leaving behind it a tidal wave of pain and I collapsed onto my knees. The glass ricocheted against the floor, somehow staying intact. The tingling feeling soon turned into peppering pricks, like that of nestles. Getting worse and worse by the second, pricks turned into a hot and fiery burning sensation- similar to the pain I had experienced before. I tried to crawl to the door - to get help, but I couldn't move. Everything hurt, even with the slightest movement.I was frozen in pain. My head felt heavy, I closed my eyes to try to lessen the insurmountable agony I was in.

But when I opened them I realised that I was no longer in the kitchen. Instead, I was in a large ornate room that seemed to loom over me. I felt frozen, trapped in my own body - spectating upon the events that were unfolding in front of me. My head was down, looking at the dark wooden floor. My hands were shackled with heavy metal clasps. Blood wrung around them. Footsteps echoed across the hall. I don't think I've ever been here before. Behind me I heard the voice Master Johnson ringing behind me, his classic high pitched shrill, "She is a maid that tried and failed to escape the premises. I propose that I take her for discipline - "

Levi interrupted him frantically, "She is my mate. I should decide what to do with her." I wanted to run up to both of them and kick them where the sun doesn't shine. The man - who was the king, made his way over to me, dropping down so his head was level to mine. Gently, he placed his hand underneath my chin and lifted my face. Something wasn't right; the man I was staring at wasn't some grotesque beast, no. It was Princely. He didn't seem the same, he was fatigued, like a starved man. He looked into my eyes as though he was past the exterior - he looked at me. His trademark eyes swirled like a winter storm - filled with shock and disbelief. His hand dropped to his side. I wanted to run away - pray that this was all a figment of my imagination. But I knew that what I was witnessing was real. He took my hand and placed it to his lips. Slowly his fangs protruded and entered the large vein along my wrist. I expected pain - but was greeted by pleasure. It was sweet, the type that hits the back of your throat and causes you to shut your eyes with delirious joy. He drank from me with such passion and hunger. I wanted to give him everything. The feel soon faded and was replaced with that of realisation.