A Trip to Alfea

I am glad that my mom explained her abnormal actions towards me. That gives me one less thing to worry about, now I just have to worry about why these things are happening to me.

I am in my room and staring at the ceiling hoping that Vanessa will come in and tell me Bloom is on her way.

There is a knock on the door before Vanessa walks in, "Macy, the fire is out and Bloom will be on her way after a grand council meeting."

"Thanks," I say sitting up.

"What's wrong?" Vanessa sits next to me.

"I'm just scared, I mean what is going to happen next? Am I going to get sent to a military school like Bloom?"

"Alfea was never a military school, we only said that because nobody believed in fairies. Alfea is a place for fairies to harness their power, Bloom had power as a child but went away until she was 15. Don't worry, if you end up going to Alfea you will have a great time."

Her words are a little bit comforting but I'm still scared of what happens next, if my life was a lie or if I just got these powers.

The doorbell rings.

"I'll get it. Start to unpack, we don't know what will happen next."

I unpack my suitcase and let the fact that I now have a new home and essentially new guardians sink in. I'm just glad that they are people I know, I have been coming to Mike and Vanessa's ever since these things started happening to me.

"Macy, come down here," Vanessa calls from downstairs.

I rush down the stairs to see if Bloom is here.

"Macy, this is Daphne. She is Bloom's sister."

"Hello Macy," Daphne says putting her hand out.

"Hi," I shake her hand.

"Bloom is almost done with the Grand Council meeting. She wanted me to come over because Macy is too young for powers, as you probably know fairies get their full powers at 15 and are eligible to apply to Alfea."

"Thanks so much for coming," Vanessa says as we walk into the living room.

"So tell me what happened to have you come over here," Daphne says taking a seat on the couch.

"Things have been breaking without me touching them, furniture has been damaged, I have accidentally set my house on fire six times, and my hands start to burn when I get angry."

Daphne looks at me a moment as if I had just said something crazy, which hearing me say it out loud does sound crazy.

"Mom, I'm home," I hear a voice coming from the other room.

"In here Bloom," Vanessa says.

"So what has been happening?"

I tell Bloom what I just told her sister.

"I think we should talk to Faragonda, I have never even heard of this," Daphne says.

"Who's Faragonda?" I ask.

"She is the principal of Alfea, but her official title is Headmistress," Bloom says.

"I'll call her," Daphne says taking her phone and walking out of the room.

"Bloom, I'm scared," I say in a fragile like voice.

"I know Macy, it was scary for me too, but I will be with you all the way," Bloom says.

Hearing that she is going to be there for me through everything makes me feel a little better.

"Faragonda says that we should go to Alfea," Daphne says walking back into the room.

"How do we get there?" I ask.

"Like this," Daphne opens a portal to a big piece of land.

"Welcome to Alfea, Macy," Bloom says as all three of us walk through the portal and stop at a pink arch that has winged gates under it.

The gates open and I'm astonished at the courtyard and castle that sit before me. The campus is much prettier than in the pictures Mike and Vanessa have in their home.

"It's beautiful," I say after I get control of my jaw and am able to talk.

"Come on, Faragonda is waiting," Daphne says.

As we walk the ground floor we pass by the Winx.

"Macy, what are you doing here?" Musa asks as we stop to exchange a few words.

"Some weird things have been happening to me so Faragonda asked for me to come," I say.

"Well, you shouldn't keep the Headmistress waiting, it's like totally rude," Stella says.

"She has a point, besides we need to get ready for our next class," Aisha says.

"See you guys later," Flora responds.

"Bye," I say as we part.

We continue walking when a slender woman with brunette hair and a short haircut stops us.

"Who are you, you aren't a student at Alfea," the woman has a strict voice and it scares me to the point where I hide behind Bloom.

"Griselda, this is Macy my neighbor on Earth. Faragonda asked me to bring her here," Bloom says to the woman.

"Okay then, proceed," the woman says.

"Who was that?" I ask as we continue down the hallway.

"That is Griselda, Assistant Headmistress, self-defense teacher, and head of discipline," Bloom says, "She almost had me expelled my first day here."

"Well that explains her harsh tone," I say.

"She means well and has a lot of faith in the students," Daphne says.

Daphne's phone vibrates.

"I gotta go do something, I'll see you guys later."

The rest of the walk doesn't seem as long as Bloom tells me about Alfea.