Chapter 5

Red Daughter's Apartment

"My name?" Savitar questioned her.

Red Daughter remained silent, she didn't need to repeat herself.

"You know my name." Savitar answered.

"I want your real name." Red Daughter clarified, "Not the fake one you gave yourself to hide behind, but the name of the frail man inside the suit."

"You can see me?" Savitar asked.

"Little." Red Daughter answered, "Your image is unclear, distorted, blurry."

Savitar chuckled softly to him, understanding perfectly why she was having a hard time identifying him, "That would be the suit's metal, it's perfect for keeping nosy kryptonians out. This suit was forged in a very special and powerful place, the metal itself vibrates on it's own, giving your X-ray vision an unclear image."

"Very interesting." Red Daughter commented in a curious tone, before spontaneously changing into a more assertive one, "Take it off."

Savitar looked at her and saw that she was serious, "Look, I hate to be this guy, but I can't give you me real identity."

"Oh? And why not?" Red Daughter asked, interested in finding out more about her prisoner.

Savitar let out a deep sigh, "I can't give you my name because the more people find out about me, the more chance I have of being discovered, and I have a couple of people in particular that I wish not to have to meet."

Red Daughter thought about this for a while, before getting an idea of what he was taking about, "Supergirl?"

Savitar didn't answer, all he could do was look at the floor.

"That is why you killed those agents last night. You weren't afraid of them, you were afraid of Supergirl." Red Daughter answered, finally putting the pieces together.

"I couldn't just run away and leave those agents alive. If I did, then they would report seeing me to the D.E.O, and then eventually to her." Savitar confessed, " And I can't let her know I'm still alive."

Red Daughter was able to understand his situation perfectly. In fact, she was in the same situation that he is in right now.

"What did you do to her?" Red Daughter asked, trying to understand more.

"It's not what I did to her... It's what I did to her friend." Savitar continued, "If she finds out I'm here, then she is going to tell him, and then I'm dead."

"And you won't tell me who you are because I look like Kara Danvers." Red Daughter figured out.

Although you couldn't see it, under Savitar's mask, he was smiling, "Sorry, but you just look like her to much for my comfort."

Red Daughter joined in on the fun and smiled with him. She did this for a while before picking her gun back up again to show him that she meant business.

Savitar noticed this and stopped smiling, "I don't know what you are planning to do with that, but I'm tell you know now, those bullets aren't going to do anything to me, my suit in impenetrable. I'm not going to reveal myself to you."

Red Daughter gave him a lovely smile before continuing their conversation, "Well that is to bad... Maybe if I tell you a little bit about myself, it would get you to... open up a little."

Savitar was very confused by what was going on, so he decided to remain silent and let her clarify on her own.

"I grew up in Kasnia, it was the place were I was raised to hate this gluttony filled empire you call America." Red Daughter shared, "From the moment I was discovered by Kasnia's government, I was taught how to control my powers and fight. It was excruciating, from sun rise to even after sun set, I would train. It was all difficult, but there was one practice that I actually enjoyed. Do you want to know what that was?"

Savitar didn't dare answer her. This is the most she has ever talk and it scared that life out him.

"The one single practice that I actually enjoyed and found fun, was crafting bullets." Red Daughter answered, even with out his consent, "It was my favorite activity. The soldiers would bring old scraps of metal and have me melt them down to make bullets for them. I was taught how make them from all kinds of different metals; broken pipes, car parts, empty cans,... unknown foreign metals."

Her last example really drew in Savitar's attention, "What?"

Red Daughter couldn't help but smile at the sound of his trembling voice. Not being able to wait any longer, she reached into the brief case and pulled out three single individual silver bullets. They were shiny silver and they had an almost blue glow to them.

Savitar instantly recognized the material, it was the same as his suit. Looking down at his body, he noticed that on the right side of his abdominal area, there was a layer of metal missing.

"You are such a heavy sleeper." Red Daughter commented. Grabbing the ammo clip, she removed three bullets from the top, and inserted her own makeshift silver bullets.

"How did you..."

"It was hard. Your armor is tough, not easy to melt like others, but once I did, it was just as easy to forge." Red Daughter said as she finished loading the bullets. She then took the fully stocked clip, and slammed it into the gun hard. The noise caused Savitar's hairs stick out from the back of his neck, "Your armor can not be penetrated by regular bullets, because of its material, but lets see what happens when it comes into contact with bullets made out of its equal."  

Now Savitar was really scared, how the hell was this girl so smart, "Look I can't, I told you."

"You still see me as Kara Danvers." Red Daughter knew. She grabbed the slider and pulled it back, loading the first bullet into the chamber, "Let's see if I can change that."

She finally stood up for the bed and walked up very slowly to Savitar. She crouched down and looked into Savitar's glowing blue eyes before reaching up to place a hand on his chin, "Such a shame... And here I thought, by having the same enemy, we could be partners."

After saying that, she stood back up again and placed the suppressor of the gun up to his forehead. Her hand firmly grasped the weapon, as her finger began to pull back on the trigger slowly, "Any last words?"

Red Daughter waited for his last and final remark, expecting him to something around the lines of 'I'm a god, I can't die" or something like that, but it never came. All he did was remain silent. Seeing as he was not going to take the opportunity that she gave him, she decided to just end it quick and then leave this miserable country.

Just as she was about put the final amount of pressure, necessary to release the bullet, that would kill him, he spoke.

"Stop!" He said in his deep raspy voice.

Not long after his suppose it last word, Savitar's shoulders began to apart open. The same then proceed to happen to his head, in which the entire thing expanded open and then re-collapsed down, exposing a set of brown hair. This process continued onto his back, it sprouted open like a set of wing that revealed the shape of a human being's back.

Red Daughter dropped her gun to her side and waited patiently for the man to come out of his shell. She watched as a pair of skinny arms grabbed a hold of the outside of the armor in order to lift himself up. Seeing his human body now, she noticed that it had a skinny, yet semi built to it. He was tall and dressed in all black, similar to her, but that wasn't the part she cared about. What she wanted to see was his face.

Finally lifting his head up high, Savitar showed her what she wanted. Her reaction was exactly what he pictured it to be, utter and absolute shock.

"Barry Allen?" She whispered.