Chapter 7

Two Years Ago - Central City

"Do it!" Savitar yelled in between his heavy panting. He laid on his knees as The Flash towered over him while wearing his Savitar armor. The blade was released from the wrist, and it rested inches away from Savitar's face, "You kill me, you become me! Either way, I live!"

Barry Allen remained silent as he fought himself over whether or not to draw his blade through Savitar's heart. He wanted so badly to do it, to finally end it all, finally erase his mistake. For so long, he has been chasing this monster, trying to stop him from taking away the most important person in his life. And now he's finally got him, begging on his knees to be killed. He could only imagine the kind of pain that he must have be in, in order to get to this point , but he didn't care. All he cared about was that he was finally going to get rid of this abomination that has tormented him and his love for the past year. 

But as he was getting ready to drive the blade through Savitar's heart, he stopped himself. He would have done it, he was ready to throw all his principles away in order to finally get satisfaction, but it was Savitar's own last words that got to him.

Withdrawing the blade back into the armor, Barry vibrated his molecules so fast, that the momentum caused the entire suit of armor to shatter into a million pieces. 

Savitar couldn't believe what he just saw. He looked up at his past self in absolute shock.

"I will never let the pain, the darkness determine who I am." Barry said in between pants, "I will never be you."

And with that, The Flash thrust his arm back, and delivered the final blow to Savitar's face, knocking him out. He took one last moment to watched his evil self lay on the floor, before walking back over to his friends. 

But, as his back was turned away, Savitar's eyes open back up again. He slowly got up, summoning the speed force into himself, and begins to take off in Barry's direction. 

"Agh!" Savitar yelled, holding a fist up. And as he was about to hit the The Flash from behind, a gun shot is heard in the background. 

Savitar's back arches forwards, before dropping down to the floor. He never even got the chance to see who his killer was, as he died the moment the bullet made contact with his back.

Barry's head jerks around instantly, as the sound of the fire arm startled him. His eyes dot around fast, first looking at Savitar's body on the ground, and then finally resting on Iris. She was holding on to a hand gun with both arm, and looked scared for her life. 

As they two exchanged looks, they're attention was quickly shifted over the Savitar's body. As he laid on the ground, it was not long before his body began to break away into pieces and fragment of blue flakes. They watched as the monster was finally erased from existence, they were finally free of him.

Iris dropped the gun on the floor and ran over to Barry, hugging him as the horror was finally over. 

"All these months you have been trying to save me from him, but look at that, I saved you." Iris said with a smile, before being embraced by Barry.

As the two shared their happy moment, they were so distracted by each other that they didn't even notice the person watching them from a distance. He stood on a hill in the background, watching the battle go on between all the different speedsters. After finally seeing the conclusion, he stepped forward, away from shadow, and into the moon light. We get a glimpse at his distorted face and immediately recognize it to be Savitar.

"Well, that was not a very good ending." He said, as he continued to watch himself and his former lover hold each other. 

Finally having enough of the view, he speeds away, back to his layer.