Chapter 18

Kasnia - Apartment Complex - Roof Top

"No." Savitar whispered, dropping his hand from Red Daughters cheek. He let go of her hand and scooted away from her, "No... I can't... I can't become Barry again."

"Savitar?" Red Daughter said reaching out to him. Her voice, you can hear a bit of fear and worry. She placed a hand on his shoulder, but was immediately met with a violent shrug from him.

"Don't touch me!" Savitar said, suddenly yelling, "Th...Th... This is all your fault. You are doing this to me, you are the reason for all of this."

"What are you talking about?" Red Daughter asked, scared and confused.

"You're the reason I'm becoming Barry again, it's your fault." Savitar told her. You can hear his breath being to pick up speed, he was beginning to hyperventilate.

"Calm down, calm down." Red Daughter said holding her hands out. She was aware of what was happening to him and was trying her best to calm him down, "What going on, what is the problem?"

"Don't you get!" Savitar yelled in anger, "I'm losing myself, I'm becoming Barry again! And it's all your fault, it's because of you, it's because I'm in love with you!"

Red Daughter froze.

She couldn't believe what she just heard. It seemed so unreal, but it happened. Sure he said it with much anger, but he still said it. In her mind, she found herself repeating his words in her head over and over again, just to make sure she heard correctly.

"It's because I'm in love with you!"

"You are in love with me?" Red Daughter asked, still not believing it.

"Yes!" Savitar continued to yell as he was in the process of having a mental break down. He took his fists and began to hit himself on the side of the head over and over again. With each blow to the head, he would increase the amount of strength he put into his punches, "God no! No. No. No!"

"Hey, hey, hey!" Red Daughter yelled at him, snapping out of her trance to stop him. She reached out, took a hold of each of his hands, and held them in place, "Stop that! What are you doing!?"

"It's all over, everything I've worked for,... gone." Savitar said weak and defeated, "I'm in love with you."

Red Daughter couldn't help feel hurt by his words. She was trained to be strong, physically and mentally, but for some reason, hearing him say this stuff made her feel so hurt. This was suppose to be a special moment, the moment he confessed his feeling to her, and yet here he was, acting like being in love with her was the end of world.

"W... Why do you say it like that?" Red Daughter asked, her voice was weak, she looked like she wanted to cry, "Why do make it sound like as if falling in love with me is the worst possible hell you can fall into." 

"Because it is!" Savitar quickly yelled at her, "I can't fall in love."

"Why not!" Red Daughter shot back, slightly beginning to pick up some anger of her own.

"Because I am Savitar! I am not allowed to fall in love!" Savitar yelled. He noticed the tears begin to roll down her cheeks and immediately turned away from her, he couldn't bare to see her cry.

"I'm sorry." He whispered.

Red Daughter whipped her tears away quickly, "Why.... Why are you not allowed to be in love, it does not make sense."