Chapter 17

Kasnia - Red Daughter's Apartment - Living Room (Midnight)

Red Daughter, with a startle, woke up. She quickly got up and looked around, only to find herself laying on her couch, alone. She wore a red blanket over her body as she laid in the empty dark room. Rubbing her eyes lazily, she looked around for either Mikhail or Savitar, but was unable to find any of them. She last remember the three of them all watching television together before she got tired and closed her eyes. 

With the red blanket still wrapped around her body, she walked up to her bedroom and peaked a look inside. On her bed, laid Mikhail, sleeping peacefully. She smiled at the sound of Mikhail's light and gentle snoring. She wanted to join him on the bed, but found herself unable to do so. The reason for this was that she had yet to find Savitar. It was strange, but for some reason, she knew that she wouldn't be able to sleep if she didn't know where he was. 

Closing the door quietly, she took one more look around the small apartment in an attempt to find Savitar. After noticing that he was not in the building, she decided to spread out her horizon. Closing her eyes, she listened carefully to her surroundings. Doing this gave her access to every voice and sound emitted from within the village. Most of it was nonsense; drunk idiots talking, dogs barking, crickets chirping, but there was one sound that she found odd. Close by, she could hear a metal clanking sound followed up by electrical sparking. 

Apartment Complex - Roof Top

On the roof top, Savitar sat alone. Using the only light provided to him from the moon, he laid hunch over his lap, where an unknown device was place. In his hands, he holds a small screwdriver and jumper cables.

"Come on you stupid piece of sh-"

"Having trouble there?" Red Daughter interrupted him before he could finish his cursing banter. 

Savitar was caught off guard when he heard Red Daughter's voice. He flinched quickly before hiding whatever he was working on behind his back.

"Red Daughter." He identified her, "What are you doing up here this late?"

"I should be asking the same thing to you." Red Daughter told him. She took a seat next to Savitar, all while still wearing her blanket around herself, "So, what are you doing up here this late?"

"Nothing, just enjoying the fresh air." Savitar made up.

"Yeah ok." Red Daughter said, not believing him for a second, "So, do you always come out here in the middle of the night with a screwdriver and jumper cables in your hands?"

Savitar was caught red handed by her remark. Looking down, he noticed that he was able to successfully hide the device he was working on, but had somehow forgotten to get rid of his tools.

"Ah shit." Savitar cursed at his stupidity. 

Red Daughter couldn't help to laugh, "Alright. Enough of this, lets cut to the chase. You are hiding something from me behind your back. I could easily use my X-ray vision to look pass you, but I rather that you just come clean and tell me yourself."

Savitar let out a heavy sigh, "Fine."

He pulled out a small black and red cube device from behind his back. Looking at it, Red Daughter immediately recognized what it was.

"My suit?" Red Daughter responded, snatching it from his hands quickly, "What are you doing with my suit?"

"I was fixing it." Savitar answered quickly in an attempt to defend his actions. He didn't want Red Daughter to think that he was trying to steal it or anything bad.