Questions

Tom blinked.

Where was he?

He looked around and saw only blackness.

Then purple. Then red.

Red.

So much red, mixing with the purple and blurring together.

The colors swirled and formed into it.

The monster.

Tom had never really seen the face of the beast he became.

Tom watched the creature's movements. He followed the path of vision of the monster that lead him to a pair of men.

One had a mop of brown hair laying on top of his head and the other had somewhat spiky hair, similar to Tom's, which was bright orange.

The beast started to bound over to them.

Tom knew what was going to happen.

He tried to call out, get the beast's attention, tried to save them. All that came out was a squeak. Tom tried yelling and shouting. More squeaks. The monster got closer to the men. They were squeezing each other, like they knew what was coming. Tom tried moving, tried to wave and get the monster's attention.

Nothing.

The monster finally got to the pair. It was over.

Tom was jerked awake by a kick in his back. Tom cursed and sat up, still facing the corner.

"H-hey!" said an unfamiliar voice, "I need to ask you some questions!"

Tom turned around with a frown.

"And you decide to start that by kicking me?" Tom replied. The guy seemed at a loss for words. "What? Cat got your tongue?" Tom raised an eyebrow at the man, smirking.

"N-now you listen here bud-" the guy started, then stopped. He paused, looking for the right words. He sighed, "Look man, I don't want to be here, and neither do you. Just answer a few of these questions and you go back to being sad or whatever you do in here." he said finally.

"Shoot," Tom said casually.

"So uh, the first question is, erm," he stuttered staring at the paper, "Where do you come from?"

Tom paused for a second, thinking.

"Manchester" He stated. The guy wrote it down with a pencil.

"Alright," the guy started, "Next question. Do you have any living relatives?"

"No. My mom was a bowling ball and my dad was a pineapple."

The guy laughed, "Alright, who are your real parents?"

Tom looked at him, dead serious. The guy took the hint and scribbled something down on his paper. "OK... um, here is the real question that pretty much everyone has been asking about you-"

"Everyone? What, do they announce arrivals or something?" Tom interrupted.

The guy paused, and stared at Tom. "Y-you do know how long you've been here, right?" Tom raised both his eyebrows now. "You've been here for three weeks."

Tom's non-existent eyes went wide. "W-well, I bet no one has noticed." He stammered, folding his arms.

The guy seemed surprised." Dude, I didn't even know you were real until I was assigned you! You were just a rumor among the rest of the D-Class personnel. The higher ups are constantly talking about you, getting into arguments even. It's kinda hard not to know about the guy who turns into a giant man eating monster and made a huge mess in front of Dr. L. You know, by obliterating a piece of meat. Then you ate all the mess and-" He stopped mid sentence. 

Most likely because Tom was an inch from his face and not looking very happy. The guy shut his yap instantly. A blaring noise was heard, a door opened up and a voice came on through a speaker.

Mr. Lewis, please exit the cell now.

The guy, looking promptly horrified, scrambled out of there as fast as possible.

Leaving Tom alone once more.