Deceit

Tord groaned as he lifted his head from the hard desk. He blindly reached for his coffee and took a sip. Ice cold. He groaned again and swallowed it begrudgingly. As he came to his senses, he could hear the containment breach alarm blaring in the distance.

Hope I don't have to deal with that today.

He sat up and stared at the papers in front of him. He then realized he forgot to check on Tom.

Shit.

He bolted out of his chair and down the hall making his way towards Tom's room.

He had so many plans.

As he reaches the room, Tord notices that the viewing room door is slightly ajar. He doesn't think much of it, and pushes it the rest of the way open. In a instant, he hears loud shouts and scuffling noises, accompanied by hoarse screaming.

That can't be good.

"Tord! Thank god you're here!" says a voice from beside him. Tord turns to see Eva, looking almost frantic.

"Eva? What are you doing here?" Tord questions.

"I-it was Tom." Eva says cryptically.

"What? What happened? Is he hurt?"

"See for yourself." She replies, gesturing to the window.

He sees an awful sight. Tom, bloody, dangling off the ground, being strangled by the task force. All five men have their guns trained on his head. Tord slams the button for the door, sprinting into the cell.

"Put him down! He isn't a threat!" he shouted.

"Sir, please back off. This is a Keter SCP and has attacked another doctor."

"Yeah, and why do you even care?"

Tord didn't reply, and backed into the viewing room. Tom was let down, and looked at Tord, betrayal in his eyes.

"I'm sorry." Tord mouthed through the glass.

As he watched Tom get handcuffed, he heard a thumping noise behind him. He turned to inspect it, and saw Eva. Lying on the ground. Covered in blood.

"Eva!" Tord cried, scooping her up and dashing to the infirmary, completely forgetting about Tom.

Timeskip

Tord sat at her bedside, the harsh beeping of the monitor filling in the background. He stared at her, not really staring, but lost in his own thoughts. He really liked her, as a friend. She was caring and sweet. Witty and smart. The perfect friend.

Friends. What are friends? Friends are people who like you, who think like you, who care about you.

Tom was his friend. But the two didn't mix. Whenever Eva was near Tom, she got hurt. Easy solution, keep Eva away from Tom. But there was one thing, a minor inconvenience. Eva went near Tord, and Tord went near Tom. Which would mean Eva and Tom near each other.

If that's the case, I should just...stay away from Tom. At least until Eva gets better. Tord thought.

"Tord?"

"Eva?" Tord said, snapping out of his thoughts.

"Where am I?" she asked, glancing around the room.

"You're at the infirmary. You just...collapsed."

"It was th-that thing! It scratched me!"

"No, that can't be right. Tom is just very... skittish. It takes time to know him. You probably scared him."

"No, I swear! I s-saw that you hadn't checked on him today and t-thought I would do it for you. I went in there a-and it attacked me! I really think you shouldn't be near that thing at all." Eva explained.

"Are you sure he just attacked you? Unprovoked? Did you talk to him at all?"

"No, I didn't talk to it, it just attacked me." she repeated.

"Well, I'll review the tapes and I'll just make sur-"

"Uh, no! I went in there because the cameras weren't working! So there is no footage. Do you still believe me?"

"Um..."

"Just please be careful! I think it's crazy."

"Nah, he's not crazy, he was probably just scared."

No, Tom isn't crazy. I know him. He wouldn't attack someone like that completely unprovoked. Tord thought as he left and made his way towards his lab.

Right?