Meeting

What?

Tord's first thought after witnessing the series of events that just occured.

Previously, he had thought, What if I put 5043 into the same cell as 682?

Multiple doctors and scientists told him it was a horrible idea, but he explained the maybe, when faced with danger, 5043 could control his monster, and...be fixed?

Tord knew it was a long shot , but maybe, just maybe, it might work.

And it did.

Tord knew that the monster that 5043 supposedly, "had no control over", was extremely violent, and would normally devolve after eating something.

His face was pretty much just pressed up against the fortified glass of the viewing room, in total awe of the current events.

But this was new. 5043 beat the crap out of 682, and now, he didn't try to eat it. 5043 just sat there, on top of 682, still in monster form.

He was so enveloped in thought that he didn't hear the door creak open.

"Tord?"

The man in question jumped out of his seat when he heard his name. Tord whirled around, only to be met with Dr.M's worried face.

"Oh, Eva, it's just you," he sighed with relief.

"Hey Tord. You've been in here for a while. How's your eye?" Dr.M asked, taking a seat next to Tord.

"It's fine, I've got two after all. I'm just thinking," Tord shifts so he faces Dr.M, "5043 said he couldn't control the monster at all. But what I just saw changes that statement."

Dr.M giggled, "You sound like a Buzzfeed article!"

Tord sighed and rolled his still functioning eye, "Yeah yeah, laugh all you want. But I'm serious. This really does change everything. If we can somehow figure out how to control this monster, it could help the army greatly on the battlefield."

Tord turned to let Dr.M see the screen. The video showed a grainy image of 5043 transforming into the monster and attacking 682.

"Woah." Dr.M breathed, leaning back in her chair.

"Yeah. Pretty cool." Tord replied putting his elbows back onto the desk.

A moment of silence.

"Do you hear an echo?" Dr.M asked, raising her eyebrows.

"What?"

Tord leaned forward, only to hear the soft click of the speaker button turn off.

The pair turned toward the viewing window, making direct eye contact with 5043.

He had heard every word.

They watched in horrified silence as 5043 backed into the corner of the cell, and took a running start, and leapt straight at the window.

The one which Tord and Dr.M were sitting behind.

5043 slammed into the fortified glass with all his strength, causing a small spider-web of cracks to appear. Dr.M screamed in fear as 5043 tumbled to the ground, then got back up. 5043 repeated the process of backing into the corner, but before he could take the running start, Tord shoved papers off the desk and slammed the neutralize button.

Instantly, tranquilizers were released into the room, causing 5043 to stumble forwards, and collapse.