Found

Tord leaned against the door, arms crossed, looking at the scene in front of him. Tom, snoring softly, leaning back in Tord's chair, wrapped in a blanket. And of course, severely injured. As Tord was peeling Tom off himself, he noticed Tom's ankle was twisted in the very wrong direction. Broken.

What had he gotten himself into? Why did he get this job? To follow Eva of course. But now, he wasn't even sure what he wanted to do it anymore. He had gotten himself too deep.

Yeah, tomorrow I'm just..not gonna show up. And the day after, and the day after that one. I won't come back. I'll find a new job. I'll leave this whole thing behind. But what if...

Tord slid down the door, his head gripped in his hands. Why was this such a hard decision?

What about Tom? I can't just leave him here. But what if...

Tord's moral dilemma was broken by the sound of shouting in the hallway. He turned around and opened the door, starting down the hallway. Just as he turned the corner, he slammed into someone else.

Dr. Richard-fucking-Roskam.

"Watch it, fucker!" Roskam shouted. A flicker of recognition flitted through his face as he realized who he was yelling at. "You," he growled as his face darkened. "Where is it?"

"Whe-where is what?" Tord asked in reply.

"Don't pretend you don't know what I'm talking about! 5043! Your weird fuckin boyfriend." Roskam said, each word dripping with poison.

"Look man, I have no idea what your talking about. I haven't seen To-5043 in a month."

"Yeah, right. Go find it then!" Roskam shouted at Tord. Roskam stood there, and watched him run around the corner. He waited until the patter of shoes was so far he couldn't hear it, then continued on to where he was heading in the first place.

Tord's office.

He got to the door and was about to open it, when he noticed some sort of dried substance on the handle. He scratched at it, it came off on his fingernail. He would run some tests later, now he had something to do. He opened the door, and there it was. You would think Tord would try to hide it or something, turn the swivel chair around, or lock his door.

Oh wait, he can't do that anymore. Not after he lost his nice office to me and came to this closet. Roskam thought with a grin. What sat, sleeping, in front of him was enough to get Tord...terminated. He shuffled through the papers on the floor, before a small thought hit him.

What if this thing wasn't asleep? What if it was awake and getting ready to attack him? Roskam scanned its body for any signs of tenseness, any signs that it wasn't asleep. It was so weirdly human. Soon, his eyes landed on its feet, on of its ankles twisted at an awkward angle. Unless this thing has flexible bones, it wasn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Still, he stepped less heavily as he made his way around the back of the chair. Positioning his hands on the back rest, he prepared himself for what he was going to do. It was simple, just push the chair forward and knock that thing off, maybe kill it. Then he would be rewarded and probably get to watch Tord die.

Perfect.

He took a deep breath, and lurched forward. The thing flew off the chair, landing with a thump on the ground. It head smacked painfully into the solid floor, causing it to wake up. It groaned in pain and blinked open tired, black eyes. Roskam bolted over its collapsed body and through the door.

"I FOUND IT! I FOUND IT!" he screamed into the hallways. Quickly, a rush of people in lab coats hurried into the hall crowded around him and 5043.

Roskam reached down, where 5043 was covering its ears from the noise, roughly grabbing 5043's arm, and hoisted it up for all to see. A cheer went through the crowd, causing 5043 to hold its remaining hand even closer to its ear. Roskam took no care in making sure 5043 was fine, only in getting his reward. Heavy steps were taken back to 5043's cell, which resulted in Roskam remembering the the door had been busted down, then even more dragging towards an empty D-Class cell.