Location

Dr. L led Edd and Matt out of their room.

That was a strange occurrence for a Tuesday.

Things like that normally happened on Mondays or Thursdays.

"Uhhh... Dr.L?" Matt asked, "Why did we leave?"

Dr.L stayed quiet for a moment before answering, "There was something in your room that was extremely dangerous."

"Dangerous?! It could've wrecked my beautiful face!" Matt cried.

Dr. L sighed and rolled his eyes. The narcissist could be very annoying at times.

"Do you know where the bathroom is? I want to make sure my face is okay!"

Dr.L sighed again, and pointed down a hallway adjacent to them.

"Go down there and to the left. There should be mirrors in that bathroom. If anyone asks, Dr.L sent you."

"Thanks!" Matt said happily and turned down the hallway.

Edd and Dr.L walked for a few minutes until they reached Dr.L's office. Dr.L pulled out a keycard and scanned it over a scanner, the door opening with a beep. Dr.L and Edd walked in and Dr.L sat down in his chair. Edd took a seat in one of the three chairs by the door. Dr.L started to type on his computer and move some papers around.

Edd looked around the bare room from his chair, inspecting everything he saw. Beige, boring walls, picture frame of two people smiling, one of them Dr.L, a slightly crooked painting of a sailboat, framed newspaper article. The works. Edd's eyes landed on Dr.L's desk. He scanned it quickly, and took notice of a small plaque on his desk.

Dr. Tord Larkson

Head Scientist in Biowarfare

Huh, Edd thought, I didn't know that Dr.L's name was Tord.

Edd thought for a few moments about Matt, and if he would know how to get to Dr.L's office from the bathroom.

His train of thought was interrupted by a loud crash, sounding if someone had taking a wrecking ball and smashed it though a cement wall.

That couldn't be good.

Dr.L shoved himself away from his desk and sprinted to the door, yanking it open violently.

"Dr.L, what was that?" Edd asked with a hint of worry.

"Nothing, nothing, it'll be fine." He said on his way out. Edd heard him muttering down the hall, " Can never expect those guys to take their damn job seriously..."

Edd sat still in his chair, wondering what Dr.L was talking about.

Then the nose appeared.

It was a large, black nose, poking its way through the door. Edd seemed to recognise the nose, but he couldn't quite place it.

Then he realized that there was a purple and black face staring at him.

Blood dripped down the side of the beast's chin as it slammed through the tiny doorway, the walls crumbling around it.

Edd scrambled off his chair and into the corner.

Bad idea..

The beast walked over to him, snorting and huffing through its nose, getting closer and sniffing Edd.

It came closer, and closer, until it was right in front of Edd's face.

Something unusual happened.

The beast seemed to be jerking back and forth, as if there was some sort of...internal struggle within it.

Edd sat there, horrified, for what seemed like minutes on end as the beast fought with something.

Then there was a noise, like a dart flying out of a gun.

And that's exactly what it was.

The beast turned around slowly, to see the threat.

But it was too late.

The massive beast slumped to the floor, a bright red feathery thing sticking out of its tail.

The singular eye of the beast blinked a few times, staring at Edd, as if silently begging him to not hurt it.

Behind the creature's body was a man.

A bright orange-haired man.

Matt.

A second of silence between the two men.

Edd stumbled over the creatures body towards Matt, enveloping him in a tight hug.

"Matt! I was so worried!"

The two men let go of eachother, and turned to look at the beast.

"Did that terrible +creature hurt you?" Matt asked, nudging Edd.

"No," Edd replied, "It just kinda... stared at me. It looked like it was having a hard time deciding whether to eat me or not."

Matt laughed, "It must've sensed my immense beauty and decided that you were too good to eat!"

The two friends laughed at his bad joke.

But, they were too busy talking to one another to take notice to the beast, which had devolved into a spiky haired man.

"By the way, Matt," Edd asked, "Where'd you get that tranquilizer gun?"