Chapter One

Yoongi's POV

I hopped down the stairs, happy to hear bacon popping from the stove. When I made it to the bottom of the steps, I looked into the kitchen to see my best friend, Jeon Jungkook, making breakfast. He's usually in college right now, but he got a three week break to come home because his grandmother was sent to the hospital for some unknown reason.

He had been pretty upset here lately, and anyone could tell. Jungkook's usually good at hiding it, but right now it's probably too much to even want to hide. "Good morning." I said to him as I walked over to a plate and took bacon.

When I put the bacon in my mouth, Jungkook pouted at me. "That piece wasn't for you!" He smacked my hand. I stopped chewing it.

"Who was it for, then?" I questioned, scared that he had poisoned it or something.

Jungkook went back to flipping bacon. "It was for Jimin. I made it extra crispy, just like he told me, and here you are eating it." He said.

I shrugged at him. "I like mine crispy."

A pair of hands wrapped around my waist. "I like mine crispy too, but if you eat my bacon again, I might have to chop your hands off, baby." I heard Jimin say into my ear.

A smile came across my face. "I'm sowry.." I puckered out my lips and looked up at my boyfriend with puppy eyes. Jimin rolled his eyes at me and pecked my lips. "For you to be such a little devil, you sure are cute." He chuckled as he picked up a piece of bacon, making Jungkook groan again.

"Get a room and get your hands off of my bacon!" Jungkook smacked Jimin's hand.

Jimin crossed his arms and smirked. "I guess someone doesn't want their early birthday present." He shrugged. Jungkook practically threw his utensil into the plate as he picked it up and shoved it into Jimin's face.

"Take it all!" Jungkook shouted.

Jimin and I both laughed. "What did you get him, Minie number two?" I asked Jimin.

He furrowed his eyebrows at me. "I'm Minie. That's my nickname. I'm Minie number one." He said. I shook my head. "I was born first, and I had 'Min' in my name first. I'm Minie number one." I smiled. Jimin frowned. "But I—"

"Who cares?!" Jungkook groaned. "Jimin is Minie. Yoongi is YoonYoon. Now can I please at least have a hint?" He whined at us. I frowned at the stupid nickname. Cringe.

A smile came onto Jimin's face. "A hint? Alright.. Who is tall, has a lot of fans, has a beautiful smile, and has 'Kim' in their name?" Jimin smiled as he handed Jungkook an envelope. Jungkook tilted his head.

"You're taking me to meet Kim Kardashian?" He took the envelope with a confused face.

Jimin face palmed as I laughed at Kook. "No, you moron! Kim Taehyung! V! I got you tickets to see your favorite singer!" He smiled.

Jungkook's face lit up. "If you're lying to me, I swear to God, I'll eat your bacon." He opened the envelope. A sudden screech sent me into another galaxy. "V!" Jungkook screamed.

"Wow." My eyes grew wide.

"You think it's this bad now? Just wait until the concert." Jimin laughed. I stood in confusion as Jungkook bounced around with two tickets in his hand. "Wait.. I'm not going, am I? Shouldn't you go?" I asked Jimin.

Jimin wrapped his hand around me as I pouted. "He'd much rather have his best friend go. And besides, I'm working that day." He whispered into my ear, pretending to kiss me.

I pouted and stuck my face into his neck.

Great.

Well.. at least Jungkook has something to get his mind off of his grandma now. That's good.

——

Jungkook bounced around the house for days. I was scared that all of the expensive stuff would be knocked over by the time I woke up every morning, but even if it did get knocked over, Jimin would pay to have it replaced.

Jimin works hard for the money he earns. He works with Jung Hoseok at a music company, teaching beginners and even sometimes non-beginners how to dance. They teach boy groups that get sent to them a lot as well. An occasional girl group comes in, but that's only because they heard about the hot teachers.

He recently bought us a three bedroom house- even though it's only the two of us living here. Jungkook comes to visit a lot, but that's about it. My mom and dad live pretty far away, so I rarely see them unless it's a holiday.

I have the loving family and loving friend and boyfriend. Sometimes, dead in the middle of the night, I sit around and think about how lost I feel. I don't have a job, so I have Jimin to set me straight when it comes to living. I have a best friend who tells me about his problems, but I have no actual problems of my own, so I just sit there and can't relate or help him out. The only thing I ever have to worry about is whether or not my steak tastes good.

That's it.

All I ever do is cook for whoever decides to join us at the table, and sleep. I'm useless.

My boyfriend does more than me, and I question sometimes why he's even with me. I sometimes question why I'm with him, too.

I only started dating Jimin because I thought he was hot, and we went to the same college. Soon after, we kind of just kept our little fling and it turned into a relationship. He babies me and keeps me fed. I guess that's kind of the reason I really stayed with him.

Sometimes I feel like I love Jimin, and I tell him that I do. But something deep down in me just tells me that this isn't the life I need.

I do love Jimin, but to be in love?

I doubt that I'm in love with him.

I doubt that I'm even good enough for him at this point. He probably thinks that I used him for money, but hell, he didn't start getting rich until a year after we had been together, which is now. He just started working at that dance studio about four months ago.

So no, I'm not a gold digger.

I guess I'm just.. lost.

~

A/N

Sup bitches

It hasn't even been a day since "Married" was completed, but I'm on a ROLL this summer. Expect a lot of writing lmao 😂🌚 I'm hooked

I know it's not my usual Yoonkook story, and I'm sorry for anyone who wanted one. I love Yoonkook, but Taegi is really out there too 🗿

They're both uwu worthy

Anyways, new story~ enjoy