Chapter Two- The Attack

*Narrator*

        Though he only saw the girl for a moment, Sebastian knew she was different, special, even. She seemed so out of place among the other humans, but walked forth as though she had a purpose, her long blonde hair swaying lightly as she melted into the crowd. He felt an instant resentment for her, though he wasn’t sure why until he caught sight of her startlingly green eyes. A Shinigami? The girl did not seem like it, for, she did not give off the same aura as one. And yet she gave off an aura of death, as though she’d been surrounded by it.

        ‘Interesting, but she doesn’t have any correlation to the Young Master.” Shaking his head so as to clear his thoughts of the girl, he caught up to a dark haired boy.

        But Sebastian was not the only one who noticed her. High, high up on the rooftops of London, three men, one blonde, one with red hair, and one with dark hair, watched the young girl as she disappeared into the crowd.

            “Whoa,” The blonde spoke first, green-yellow eyes watching the girl. “What in the world-”

            “William! Why did you drag us out to London for that little- Oh, is that Sebas-Chan?!” The red head asked dramatically.

            “Mr. Knox, Mr. Sutcliff, please do stop your pestering questions. They will be answered tonight.” The dark haired man sighed and adjusted his glasses with a strange instrument. He then dodged out of the way as the red haired man attempted to tackle him in a hug. The red haired man almost toppled over the edge, but the blonde haired boy grabbed his coat and hauled him back over.

*Katidara*

            Soon,  darkness began to fall, the crowds began to diminish, and I was the only one walking, alone, down the dimly lit streets. The moon was a white slit in the darkness of the night sky, the stars like millions of burning eyes boring into me. Stepping off into an alleyway, I clamored up a drain pipe and onto a roof. It was only when I was up high that I felt safe, for, nothing can jump down upon you from the sky. I leaned back on the rough, cool tiles, gazing up at the pitch blackness, lost in my thoughts.

            I died. And yet, here I was, living, breathing, in the Victorian era. Sighing, I sat up, running my hand through my long blonde hair, when I heard a noise behind me. On reflex, I whipped around, simoultaneously whipping the gun out of the secret compartment. As I whirled, I realized the gun was of an older model, but if it could fire, I was perfectly fine with it. I cocked it and pointed it in the direction of the noise, my features cold and steely. A tall boy froze, his strange yellow-green eyes widening, as he saw the gun in his hand. He sheepishly scratched the back of his head, kicking a pebble off the roof.

            “And here I thought I was sneaking up on you,” The boy had a charismatic, flirtatious, rich voice. It was because of this that I immediately disliked him and aimed directly at his heart. “Whoa! Whoa! No need to-” He began, holding up his hands as though surrendering. My lip curling in distaste, I fired at him, not letting him finish. To my surprise, he dodged, reflexively, just barely, but at a blinding speed. “Well, you’re aggressive.” He stated, “Guess that’s my que to be so as well.” Again, another surprise as he came towards me with.. A lawnmower? Suddenly this started to look very familiar. The thick lensed, odd shaped glasses, the characteristically green-yellow eyes, the blonde hair… He could only be a Shinigami. But that would mean two things. One, that I was in the world of Kuroshujitsu, more commonly known as Black Butler. Two, that I’d discovered this boy’s weakness. Just as the lawnmower- death scythe, I mentally corrected myself- was about to slice through me, I sidestepped the boy, simultaneously grabbing his glasses.