Chapter Nine- More Memories of Sadness

(And now, a look into Archer's ever so elusive past! Whose ready for a shocker? Btw, I did warn you it would be sad. SO NO SAYING YOU HATE ME FOR IT. Lionkid that means you.)

*Time skip by my new kitten Moses, who just jumped on my laptop and demanded my attention.dsfkadddddd (See?ASffffffkdskafkdsjdkjkf)*

        "Katidara," A familiar voice whispered in the darkness of my dreams, "Katidara.... Where are you? Where is my little cousin, where did you go? I miss you so much..." It was a kind voice, one that made my heart go completely frigid from grief and sorrow, and my eyes to lose any warmth they contained. I began walking towards the voice, but a large bishop pawn, roughly the size of the Empire State building, slammed down in front of me. Cracks began to form in my dream scape, and the whole thing shattered, as I fell down and down, hearing someone yell my name once again, a hand reaching out towards mine.... And it was gone.

        I started awake in my room. Moonlight threaded through the curtains, and Yuki was snoring softly, sleeping on my head and tickling my nose with her tail. Sneezing quietly into my sleeve, I noted, to my relief, I was still in my day uniform and not in my pajamas. Removing Yuki from my head and placing her on the pillow beside me, I stretched, now feeling wide awake. It was then I remembered the object in my pocket. Lighting the candle by my bedside, I took it out of my pocket and studied it under the flickering orange light. The previous tiredness and bleary eyed look was immediately wiped from my face as I saw what it was. However, it was not to its usual emotionlessness. Instead, a genuine smile was plastered on my face for all of three seconds, and then a frown of the utmost sadness and grief. It was the necklace my older cousin had given me.

        Now, I'd never had an older brother, but Reagan (Ree-gan) came close. I loved him like a brother, and he treated me like his little sister. He'd always been kinder than my other family members, and he'd lasted the longest as well. For once, he hadn't been one I'd had to kill....

        "Reagan," I whispered, but the name held no emotion. For a name was just a sound, a word, and it did not have feelings or emotions, and it could not give warmth. It was as cold as the day the owner of the name died, and every time I thought back on it I felt as though I were tearing my heart anew. Clutching the necklace to my chest, as though it could fill the void Reagan had left behind, I curled into a ball on my bed, staring past the wall of my bedroom to that fateful Autumn night...

        Tell tale signs of Autumn whispered in the cold air and the blood red and crimson of the season painting the leaves, as I crouched behind a bone white, skeletal tree. Its clawlike branches reached out to the stormy gray heavens, as though begging for the mercy it hadn't recieved in the previous storm, as one could see from its bark tigerstriped with char. In the distance, there was a literal fortress, quite like the archaic ones seen only in ancient yore. It was made of rough hewn stone, age causing its once magnificent walls to crack in intricate, spiderwebbing patterns, and yet it still had the kind of dignity and intimidation it did when it was first built. There was a moat of solid ice around it, and it also had some modern innovations, including the newly mounted machine guns on the parapets and the bullet proof glass. Ferocious looking dobermens patrolled the area around the forest, a few passing by me unknowingly in my all black ninja outfit. The only visible part of me were my eyes, glowing an icy blue as I searched the impressive fortress for any weaknesses. Occasionally, they faded to a blue-green, as I lost my focus, and had to shake my head to refocus. One misstep, one miscalculation, could lead to certain doom.

        And yet.... I regretted having to skip out on Reagan. I'd had no time to cancel our katana match to see once and for all who was the better swordsmen, but duty- aka the President- called. As much as I wanted to hurry and get this done and get back to him, I couldn't. Like I'd mentioned, one misstep and I would die. My custom katana, with a black, sheenless blade and a black sheenless hilt, was the perfect weapon for this job: Get in, kill their leader, blow up the base. Not as simple as it sounds, believe me. Finally, the moment I'd been waiting for occured: The sentry change, which would give me a short window of exactly three seconds to get up the wall and into the base. Yipee.