Chapter Eight- Lost and Found, Strangeness all around

I sighed in irritation, as I weaved back and forth between the rat maze of alleyways, the fog still cloaking London in a seemingly impermeable shroud of gray. Wandering and wandering, once again, turning corners I was sure I'd turned down before, I refused to give up in my stubornness. Usually, I'd just go to the rooftops and scan the area, but from the brief flashes of green eyes and silver death scythes I saw occasionally leap across the skies, I knew I was still the subject of the reaper's searchings. 

        "God, I hate being lost, it makes me feel so powerless," I grumbled sourly, inaudibly, stroking Yuki's tails.

        "Then maybe you shouldn't get lost so often," A voice chuckled. It was like wind whistling through the trees on a summer's night: fleeting and musical; warm and soft tinged with an incomparable darkness. Ice ran through my veins, and I pulled my pistols out from their holsters, eyes turning blue as I scanned for the source of the voice. That same voice that I'd heard as I was dying.

      "That's not going to help, little one~" The voice crooned, and I could vaguely sense something behind me. Leaping forward, I did an a la second turn (a ballet turn) so I would face the direction the voice had come from. The alley, however, was empty, empty as the feeling behind me, beside me, all around me, the vague sense I had a moment before seemed to be everywhere. Biting my lip in slight terror, I calmed my breath and made my face emotionless.

        "I do not know who you are, and the reason pertaining to why you saved me, but-" Shadowy, blurred arms tried to encircle me and I jumped away, Yuki hissing like an enraged rattlesnake. It took all I had to do two things: Not to scream and to keep Yuki from attacking.... whatever stood before me.

        A swirling mass of perpetual darkness stood before me, its edges blurred and, if I squinted, I could see it was roughly shaped like someone my age. Then again, I'd been wrong before. 

        "Who in the seven hells are you?" I backed up a bit as the figure walked- well, more floated- closer, clenching my fists. Even Yuki trembled at whatever this being was. Finally, I couldn't take it anymore, and I jumped up, grabbing a windowsill and dangling from it, uncomfortably, backwards. It was not long after that my arms began to tremble, but I just continued to hang there, glaring down at the shadowy being.

        "Hmm~ Very amusing, little Archer. Well, since you are lost, that raven of a butler is over that way, most likely looking for you." With a flourish of his- it's?- hand in a southernly direction, the shadow disappeared like fog melting away in the sunlight. For a long while, I just hung there, until my arms could hold onto the ledge no longer and I dropped down, warily eyeing the spot the shadow... thing had been before casually walking off in the direction it'd pointed.

        "Who- What-" Shaking my head in confusion, I went off in search of Sebastian.

        *Narrator*

        "Have you perhaps seen a girl with long blonde hair around here? Black dress? White hat?" Sebastian asked a man selling oranges near the mouth of one of the numerous alleyways of London. Said man, who had tan skin and dark hair, just shook his head uncomprehensively.

        "No speak much Ing- lish. Orange? Not much." The Spainiard smiled what he must've thought was a winning, albeit toothless, smile for Sebastian.

        "Hablas español, Senor?" An all too familiar voice rang out from behind Sebastian. The stunned Spaniard and demon turned to see a girl whom they hadn't heard- or sensed, in the case of Sebastian- approach. Despite the two men's thinly veiled surprise, Archer merely smiled a smile even more fake than Sebastian's, if it were really possible. It seemed to be strained, like she hated the very motion of it. "Que cuanto es?" (How much is this?) Archer picked up any orange and held it up.