Chapter 11- A "Vacation" Pt Two

(Hm, I never thought so many people would actually like this fanfic... So sorry guys, if this chapter is short for you, but honestly I lost interest in writing this book... But tell me. If you guys have any plot ideas, anything you think will inspire me to keep writing, just tell me. :3 It'll certainly give me a better chance of writing more!)

Unbidden, tendrils of frosty, panicked breath escaped my lips, streaming through the air like excited, vaporous white snakes. My feet crunched  in the frozen grass, splintering like my high hopes for the impossible. For once, I didn't care what sort of noises I made, sprinting madly through the woods, hoping and praying to the many gods that I got there in time.

        "Don't worry, I'm coming," Those treacherous words formed a chant in my mind, as though they would help me in my desperate flight. Hah. Really, it was quite pitiful. Finally, terse and exhausted, I skidded to a stop in front of a small cabin in the woods, breath catching in suspense and terror: The moon shone balefully upon a kicked down door, splintered and shattered to bits. In a zombie like state, I shuffled to the door, and immediately I froze in horror.

        "Camile," I leaned against the doorway, the only thing keeping me from collapsing, tears flowing freely from my eyes and forming frozen rivers upon my face. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry," I pounded my fist against the frame until it was bloody and there was an obvious mark. The leafless trees clacked their icy branches together in a dirge, and my footsteps stained the forest floor, a veritable blanket of snow, red.

        "It's always snow, isn't it?" Casting my eyes up to the cold, unforgiving stars, I let myself cry for the first time since Reagan's death, three years before.

        "It's always snow, isn't it?" I sighed, slowly rising from unconciousness like a body rising from the water. Sitting up, I massaged my temples, squinting my eyes shut from the horrible pain contracting my heart. "It's been awhile since I had that dream." Braiding my hair, I hopped up from bed, not failing to notice Mei-Rin's absence. With another sigh, I slipped into a fresh dress, dusted my hat off, and exited the room, scooping up the sleeping Yuki along the way.

        "You're always sleeping, little fox. Why is that?" I wondered aloud, stroking Yuki as I set her on my head. As usual, I recieved no answer, merely a slight whimper in her slumber and a slight pawing before she stilled. "No matter," I shrugged, and then froze as I heard a feminine laugh. 'That presence," I thought, turning slowly, "It's the same... from when we first arrived." Frowning, I unfocused my eyes, gazing down the hallway to see a being with an aura simoultaneously darker and lighter than Sebastian's. 'It's as I guessed: A fallen angel.'

        She was very pretty, in all admitability, with short, shaggy white hair and large amethyst eyes gleaming from her pale oval face. Her maid's uniform was similar to Mei-Rins, only considerably longer and a light lavender hue. With her considerable height and lovely smile, it'd be easy to see why someone could easily mistake her for a divine being. When my eyes glowed, I could see the faint outline of dove gray wings stretching from her back.

        "Forgive me. I merely find it so humorous when owners talk to their animals." She smiled, and my lip curled in distaste.

        "Forgive me for correcting you, but Yuki is my friend. I do not believe one can truly own an animal," I scratched Yuki's ear, "Without grasping how intelligent and feeling they are. Yuki stays with me because she wants to. She's more companion then pet, to me." She only laughed once more, brining her hand to her lips.

        "What a funny little human," She exclaimed, "I am Angela. Might I request your name?"

        "Archer," I replied bluntly, folding my arms, adding, "And I hate upstarty nonhumans such as yourself."