Chapter Six- The Undertaker

(Yes, yes, I know how annoying it is to read song lyrics in a story (believe me) but I changed the wording up a bit, so just skim it please?)

It was very early in the morning, the sky was as gray as tombstones, interlaced with night black and skull white. I was collecting dew drops off the plants, which were, in my opinion, the best kind of water for plants, when I saw two silhoettes attempting to sneak off. Tiptoeing over, I snuck up behind them. 

          "Where are you going?" I whispered in Ciel's ear, who jumped nearly two feet in the air. Yuki made a soft noise that I'd began to learn was her laughter.

        "A-Archer!" Ciel stuttered, and I could tell he was startled by my being awake. "Sebastian you said she wouldn't be awake." He muttered, glaring at Sebastian.

        "Ah, forgive me my lord, but-"

        "I don't have a constant sleeping pattern, at least, not anymore." I stated coolly, folding my arms to their surprised looks. "Its hard to kill someone in their sleep if they're awake," I shrugged. "Well?" Ciel hesitated a moment before answering.

        "We're going to London," Ciel said simply, attempting to walk around me, but I stepped in front of him again.

        "Why?" I persisted, stroking Yuki.

        "We're getting information from someone, now please move, Archer," Ciel said impatiently.

        "Alright, but only if you let me come," I said coolly. "I want to ask the Undertaker some questions too." Ciel and Sebastian stared at me, and I realized what I said. But, not wanting to appear flustered, I continued smoothly. "I've heard he's the best source for information in the underworld, and I want to know who hurt Yuki before I found her." It wasn't a complete lie, just two truths combined.

        "Shadow Men," Yuki growled as I said it, her fur bristling, eyes tinting red from anger. 

        "Sh, Yuki, its alright, they can't hurt you now." I stroked her until she calmed down, and then turned back to a missing Ciel. "Oh, no you did not!" I said, taking off after the cloud of dust the carriage left behind.

        Cutting through the forest, I waited up in a tree until the carriage came past, and jumped on its roof as it passed under my branch, swinging myself through the open window before either Ciel and Sebastian had time to react.

        "Nice try," I huffed, "But I'm a lot harder to get rid of than that." Ciel stared at me for a moment before sighing in defeat.

        "Fine," He grumbled, and I did a little happy dance in my head. Finally, I'd get some answers.

         As we drove to London, I brushed Yuki's tails until their fur entwined, and tied them up with the bows from my hair, so she'd look like she just had one, big tail. 

        "There," I said with satisfaction, shaking my own hair out. 

        "Why do you want to see the Undertaker, Archer?" I could feel Ciel's eyes boring into me.

        "I already-"

        "The real reason, Archer," Ciel stated coolly. Folding my hands, I looked into his eyes. 

        "I don't know-"

        "While I do admit you are an excellent liar, Archer, you seem to have had these questions for a long while now. Talk." Running a hand through my hair, I sighed.