SPECIAL EXCERPT

THIS IS AN EXCERPT TAKEN FROM BLYTON'S FIRST-TERM  AT MALORY TOWERS AND SECOND FORM AT MALORY TOWERS. IT IS OUR INSPIRATION FOR THE CHARACTERS OF THE TWO MAM'ZELLES. READ ON TO FIND OUT OUR THRILLING INTERPRETATION OF EVENTS!

Darrell walked to Mam'zelles desk, and put her hand on the book.

"I'm sorry this was left here by mistake, Mam'zelle," she said, politely. She almost got away with it. But not quite. The girls stared breathlessly.

"Wait a moment," said Mam'zelle Rougier. "Books left on the desk must not be removed without permission. What is this book?"

"Oh - only a - a sketch-book," said Darrell, desperately. Mam'zelle glanced around the silent class. Why were they all looking and listening so intently? There was something curious here.

She took the book and opened it. Her glance fell on the picture of herself stalking Mam'zelle Dupont with a dagger. She stared at it incredulously. There she was in the picture, tall, thin, bony - positively evil-looking - and with a dagger too!

She turned over a page. What! Here she was again - with a gun. Ah no, this was too much! She turned another page and another. Always she saw herself there, unkindly caricatured, pursuing poor Mam'zelle Dupont who had been given a most amiable look, and was obviously the heroine whilst she, Mam'zelle Rougier, was the villain!

----- Second Form at Malory Towers

"To think that a Frenchwoman should be so foolish!" Mam'zelle Rougier said. "Now I do not mind spiders or earwigs or moths or even snakes! Mam'zelle Dupont should be ashamed to make such an exhibition of herself!"

----- First Term at Malory Towers

WANT TO FIND OUT THE TWO MAM'ZELLES' STORIES? READ ON, AND DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT!!