«Chapter 3»

Orphanage. A residential institution for the care and education of orphans.

🖤🖤🖤

|| FP ||
After Alice left, I made my way into the garden to look after my obviously depressed son. It made me sad seeing him like this. Broken and lonely, and that's all Fred Andrews' son's fault. Fred and I never got along, he was always jealous because I was that close with Alice and he secretly had a crush on her, but stiring up his son against mine, is really amongst all lines. Jug broke more and more until he got there where he now was. Sad, depressed and with extremely low self-esteem. And that's not what the life of a six year old should be like. I went into the garden, and there I saw him, sitting on a bench and watching the other kids whilst tears form in his eyes. „Hey kiddo, what's up? Alice told me you are sad again", I exclaimed, kneeling down in front of him. „It's okay dad", he said, wiped his tears away and looked back down on his book. „Jug, it's not, you shouldn't be ashamed of who you are", I stated, making the beanie wearing boy look up at me. He just nodded. „Where's Alice?", he asked out of nowhere. „In an orphanage, trying to find a girl to adopt", I explained him. „There's going to be a kid living with us? Another one to harass me?", he asked, obviously anxious. The fact that he thought that every kid will harass him, made me even more sad and worried. We tried to do so much, we talked with the other kids' parents so often and we even went to a doctor with him just to make sure he won't suffer from depression. „Jug, she won't harass you, she's going to be like you're sister", I told him. „No, I don't have a sister and I will never have one", he stated. I think that was the first real time he contradicted me, but I didn't mind. „Okay, but at least try to be friends with her. If it doesn't work out, that's find with me, but please try", I replied to the beanie wearing, raven haired boy. He nodded and continued reading.

|| Alice ||
I parked my car and made my way into the big brown building. I entered and was met by a middle aged, brown haired woman. „Are you Alice Smith?", she questioned in an australien accent. „The one and only", I laughed, trying to make a good impression. „That is not a place for jokes Miss", she said sternly, apparently not that fascinated by sarcasm. She walked to the reception and gestured to me to follow her. „So you want to adopt a girl?", she asked even more sternly. ‚If this place is as unfriendly as the personal, I'd like to adopt all of the kids in here', I thought to myself. „Yeah, that is correct", I replied, trying to not sound sarcastic again. She didn't comment anything, so I assumed that she was fine with my answer. „Which age?", she wanted to know. I thought for a moment, not wanting her to be too young because raising a baby right now wouldn't be the best option, but I also didn't want for her to be too old because I'd miss her whole childhood. „Maybe around the age of six?", I made it a question, thinking of the raven haired boy at home. She registered all the information in a computer and then demanded for me to follow her. We walked down an aisle, it was all white. From what I've seen so far, this didn't look very child-friendly, but hey, never judge a book by it's cover. As the woman stopped walking, we were stood in front of a white door, with the number 436 on it. „In here are all the six year old, white girls", she stated. They separate children by their ethnicity, what a great orphanage. My impression of this place got even worse and at this point I seriously wanted to adopt all of them, but FP would clearly kill me. I took a deep breath and stepped in. As I walked into the room, all eyes were on me. „Girls, this is Mrs.Smith, she's going to adopt one of you!", the lady said and all the girls stood up. „Talk with them, get to know them, do whatever you want. When you chose one call me!", she stated and left, probably going back to the reception. I talked with some of the girls, they were cute, but they didn't really impress me. After talking with some more, I noticed how the girls have been harassing another girl. „Girls, why are you harassing her? Stop!", I said softly. „She's weird", a red haired girl exclaimed. „No she isn't, she might be a little different than you, but she isn't weird and you can't just harass her because of that", I tried to explain to the girls. „Okay we're sorry", all the girls said in unison and got back to playing. I made my way to the girl they have been harassing. She was blonde, had green eyes and was wearing a beanie on her head. It looked just like Jug's only in pink. „Hey baby, what are you doing?", I asked softly, not wanting to scare her. „Readin", she replied bluntly. I looked down at her book and saw that she was reading Romeo & Juliet. She was just like Jug. I was just about to ask her about her name, when my phone started ringing. It was FP. „Hey?", I picked up. „Hey how's it going? You found someone?", he asked me. „Yeah, actually, I know it sounds weird, but I literally found the girly version of Jug. She is acts just like him", I stated. „Don't tell me she's wearing a beanie", he demanded and chuckled. „Yep, in fact she does", he laughed. „What's her name?", he wanted to know. „I don't know, I was just about to ask her when you called, but I have a good feeling around her, I think I'll take her", I replied. We talked for a little bit more and than I hang up and got back to talking to the girl. „What's you name baby girl?", I asked, kneeling down in front of her. „Elizabeth, but who is Jug?", she asked confused. „He's my best friend's son, we're living together. So, if you want to come with me, he's going to be like your brother", I explained. „I never had a brother", she answered. „I know baby girl, I know, but would you like to have one?", I asked her softly, hoping she would say yes. „Would you take me?", she questioned shyly. „If you want to of course, why wouldn't I?", I replied. „I'm weird", she just said and continued reading. „No baby girl you aren't, you might not be like the others but you aren't weird", I exclaimed. She thanked me and hugged me. I called the lady from before and told her that I'd like to adopt Elizabeth, she just looked at me with a weird look, but didn't say anything, obviously happy that they won't have her here anymore. I signed all the papers and helped her pack her stuff, though, there wasn't much, just a few outfits and books. When we were done, I picked her up and took her home with me.