«Chapter 8»

Home. Someone or something that makes a person feel safe, or the place where a person feels they belong.

🖤🖤🖤

|| Betty ||
When I woke up I felt Juggie's arms around me and smiled. I loved him, even though we didn't know each other that long. He was my first real friend, the first person who didn't bully me, the first person who understood me, he just always made me feel safe and I felt like I've known him since forever. Non the less my smile faded the moment I realized that it was our first school day. I feared that day more than anything else. Only the thought of attending school and going through all that harassment again, made me feel scared. And then I started crying and by accident woke Juggie up. „Hey baby what's up?", he asked me concerned. I loved that he cared so much about me, it made me feel so happy and safe. „I'm scared Juggie", I cried quietly, tears streaming down my face. He pulled me into a tight hug, trying to calm me down. That was another thing I loved about him, he always knew what made me sad and he always understood me. „Betts it's going to be ok. I'll always be by your side, you know I'm never leaving. We're going to get through this, together", he told me, hugging me even tighter and actually calming me. „Thank you Juggie. I love ya", I replied, pecked his lips and snuggled into him. „I love ya too Betts"

(N/A okay so first of all I need to say that I have no idea how elementary school works in America, so I just made something up that fit to the storyline lmao) And there we were, in Riverdale Elementary School. Mom came with Juggie and I because dad had to work. We walked into the secretary's office, me holding Juggie's hand. „Hello, what can I do for you?", the lady asked. She was old, had gray hair and brown eyes. Her hair was put up, she wore some red lipstick and also some very unique glasses. They were red with yellow dots all over them. She looked funny, but overall she seemed very nice. „We wanted to know in which classes my kids need to go. It's their first year", mom explained. The lady nodded and asked for our names. „Jughead and Betty Jones", mom told her. The lady looked our names up in a computer but then shook her head. „I'm sorry Miss, but I couldn't find anyone with those names", the lady then said. „Try Forsythe Pendleton and Elizabeth Jones", mom said. The lady looked confused, probably because of our names, but then looked it up and found us. „Ah yes, class 1a and 1c", she exclaimed and when I heard that, my heart stood still. Juggie and I were in different classes. Mom thanked her and we went into the hallway. After we figured out in which classrooms we had to go, mom said good bye, we pecked her lips and she left. Then it was our turn to go into the classrooms, but when we went to mine, I saw Archie in there and immediately gripped Juggie's hand. „Baby, you need to go into the classroom", he told me. I just hid my face in the crook of his neck. „But Juggie Archie is there, I don't want to go in there", I mumbled, almost crying. „Everything will be fine, I promise. Just shout whenever he bullies you and I'll be there", he said, making me laugh. „Juggie I can't just shout and you also can't just leave class", I chuckled hugging him. „I will find a way", he exclaimed laughing. He always found a way to make me feel comfortable and take my fears away. I hugged him tight and then went to go into the classroom. Archie was about to say something to me, but in that moment the teacher came in and he sat down. „Good morning class, I'm Mrs. Terrible", she said making the whole class, except for me, laugh. I never laughed at other people because in my opinion it's rude. I also never judged people because of their looks, likes or dislikes because it was there life and not any of my business and I so wished that everyone would get that, but sadly they didn't. She then explained us how school works and told us some other stuff, before she then gave us an exercise. „For your first exercise, I want you to color that house with the colors that remind you of home and later I want you to show it to the class and tell them, what home is for you" (A/N ik that's probably not some exercise that first graders would get, but I needed it for the storyline).