«Chapter 10»

*and again 1 year time jump, just
because*

also, @Sprousehart_2226, I'm really sorry about this chapter, but I kinda needed it for the storyline, ly ❤️

also this is probably going to be like the shortest part ever

|| Betty ||
„Deal?", Katie laughed as she, Juggie and I were sitting on Juggie and I's bedroom floor. I shook my head,"No deal", I answered chuckling. Juggie looked at me and then spoke up,"See baby, you know that you didn't fail the test."
I rolled my eyes playfully,"yeah whatever, I'll go and get us something to drink", I replied giggling. I stood up and made my way downstairs, not thinking much as I suddenly saw mom and dad staying in the door way and talking with some police men. I hid behind the stairs and started listening to them. „How should we tell Katie?", I heard mom sighing, before dad started to comfort her,"We're going to find a way Al", he said. Tell Katie what? I furrowed my eyesbrows and continued listening. „Do you know if Katelyn has anyone to stay with?", one of the policemen asked. ‚Wait what? I thought she was staying with us?', I thought to myself. Katie was staying with us over the weekend because her parents and Archie's dad had to go back to their hometown Flomaton because her grandma was sick and they had to visit her. „Well, she could stay with us, but what about Archie?", mom questioned, looking at the policemen. „Archibald need to go to Chicago and live with his mom", another policeman stated. Wait, why does Archie need to go and live with his mom? I mean I was happy and all, because that meant that he couldn't bully us anymore, but still, something was odd. They talked about other things, that didn't really matter before one of them spoke up again,"Okay, can you guys come to the police station tomorrow, so you could sign the adoption papers and all?"
Adoption papers? Wait what? And then I put two and two together (and got 4, nahhh jk jk) and everything started to make sense. Adoption papers, police, Katie and Archie, I've read books about this, „Oh my god", I mumble quietly, my eyes widening. ‚How in hell am I supposed to tell Katie? What do I do now?', I questioned myself. After a few minutes of panicking, I decided to go back upstairs and first tell Juggie and then see what he thinks. I went back into our room as I saw Juggie sitting alone on the floor. „Where's Katie?", I asked, still shocked from what I found out. „Bathroom", Juggie answered," What's up with you, you look like you've seen a ghost?", he questioned. „I need to tell you something, but Katie can't hear it", I told him. He looked at me weirdly, but then nodded and I started to tell him everything.
When I finished, we both sat there, not saying anything, tears about to leave our eyes. Katie came back into the room, but before she could say anything, dad called us to come downstairs. Juggie and I looked at each other with fear in our eyes, intertwined our fingers with Katie and went downstairs. We entered the living room and Juggie and I stared at mom and dad with fear in our eyes. Try obviously noticed,"You guys know?", dad asked sadly, we nodded. „Know what?", Katie asked, but got no reply,"Guys you make me scared, what's up?", she asked again, but this time with fear in her eyes and voice. „We're sorry baby", mom exclaimed looking down. „Sorry for what? Hell just tell me", Katie then kinda snapped, still scared. „You're parents", Dad started, but Katie
interrupted him,"My parents what?", she questioned. „You're parents died"