[4] annoyance

Chris came into the library thirty minutes after school had ended. Dylan didn't really mind, he'd taken that time looking at biology topics that they could discuss. He'd never really tutored anyone, a fact that made his stomach grumble with nervosity. 

"Look," Chris sat down in the chair across from Dylan, a serious expression on his face. "I kinda don't have that much time right now, can we just get this over with?" 

"Yeah, fine." He knew that he sounded bitter, but in fairness, it was Christopher who was being an ass.

"Are we going to have a session now?" Chris frowned at Dylan's books. 

"No. I just want to take some notes, for myself to remember." Dylan scratched the back of his neck, relieved when Chris nodded in understanding. "Okay, so there's a project coming up next week, have you given any thought to what you'll present?"

Chris scoffed slightly. "No? It's literally the second day, and we haven't even been given the assignment yet. My god, you're a nerd." Dylan's face reddened. It wasn't his fault that he cared about school. Why did Chris even want a tutor if he was going to insult him?

"Whatever, you should start thinking about it. Is there any particular topic in biology that you like? Or dislike less than the other ones?" Dylan inquired, picking up a pencil, ready to write something down.

"No. I don't know? What topics are there?" 

"There's zoology, ecology, genetics, evolution, anatomy, basically every single system in the body, but that might be part of the anatomy-" 

"Okay, so there are a lot, got it." 

"Yeah, and you should start planning, or at least google some of them." Dylan sighed, more than a little annoyed. Why had he signed up for this again? Extra credit, and boredom, mostly. Maybe it hadn't been the greatest idea since he hadn't taken into account the other schoolwork that was to come, but it was too late to back out now. "We should make a schedule, as well. Both of us will have sports so we gotta get around them." Chris sighed but nodded.

"We usually have practice Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays." He thought for a bit, then noticed Dylan's tired expression. "What?"

"Well, I normally have practice Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays." He tapped the pencil against the tabletop rapidly. He would preferably not have sessions on the weekends, but was it avoidable?

Christopher was quiet for a long time. Dylan's mind was racing, trying to figure something out. Maybe he could leave practice early some Tuesdays? Or-

His thoughts were stopped by a long sigh and annoyed look from Christopher.

"We can have a session on Thursdays. But they will have to be later because I can't skip practice completely." He kept looking at Dylan, no emotion showing on his face as if to ask if it was fine.

Dylan nodded. "Good. When do you think you get off?" He scribbled down the word 'Thursday' along with the other reminders that he'd written.

"I dunno. Maybe 3:45?"

"That's fine, then we work as long as is necessary-"

"Yeah, good, I really gotta go now so... Bye." Chris rose from his chair and grabbed his bag. Dylan glared after the other boy. At least Felicia wouldn't have to wait for him any longer. He packed up his things and swung his bag over his shoulder. When he turned toward the exit, Felicia was already walking toward him.

"You didn't tell me you would tutor him!" She hissed once she'd crossed the room and stood in front of him. Dylan rolled his eyes at his friend.