[7] dancing with heartache

Felicia had skipped the next day, too, but Dylan had gotten a text early on Friday saying: 'Hey, sorry I didn't reply, Xander took me on an adventure to the mountains! It was so romantic. See ya.' The two had texted a bit and Dylan had informed her of the party, which she was excited about, before he had to get ready for school. 

It was Saturday morning. Dylan hadn't woken up until ten and already felt a little sore from practice the previous day. He sat up in bed, running his hand through his hair and yawning loudly. Not a minute later his door was thrown ajar and Riley dashed into his room.

"Time to wake up, sleepyhead," she laughed as she pulled his curtains back, letting some light into the room. "Mom and dad have gone to the farmers market and I need you to drive me." 

"You can walk." Dylan groaned sleepily. Ry sighed.

"It is pouring. I will catch a cold if I walk," she pouted and Dylan took a moment to really look out the window only to find that she was very right, "and then mom and dad will get mad at you for making me walk and-"

"Alright, alright, I'll drive you," Dylan stopped her, "Just... give me a minute to get ready. Where are you going, by the way?" 

"To Nelly's," Ry answered shortly as she walked out of the room. Okay... Dylan thought and threw the blanket off of himself. He didn't need much time to get ready, it was just to throw on some sweats and a tee, brush his teeth and put on some deodorant. 

"Are you ready to go, Ry?" He knocked on her door.

"I'm already downstairs, Dyl," his sister laughed from the bottom of the stairs. Dylan hurried to catch up and grabbed his jacket from the closet as fast as he got down the stairs.

"Why do you have to go so early?" He questioned while he locked the front door as quick as he could. 

"Come on, just unlock the car, just 'cuz you gotta get wet doesn't mean that I do!" Riley replied instead of answering the question. Dylan complied her request with a chuckle, and he, too, hurried to get into the car. "I have to go this early because we're going to the mall and then we're going to see a movie," Ry explained after she'd put her seatbelt on.

"Cool," Dylan nodded and started the car, "do you have money?" 

Riley smiled. "Mom left me some this morning."

"Good." 

They drove in silence for a long while before Dylan spoke up again. "Do I need to drive you home tonight?" Riley shook her head.

"We're going to have a sleepover," she explained, pointing at the duffle that she'd thrown to the backseat. "Mom and dad know all this already, obviously." 

"Good," Dylan repeated.

"Turn here, and then we're there." 

Dylan pulled up to the sidewalk and stopped the car. "Have a good day!" Riley smiled and got out of the car with all her packing. 

"Bye, mom."

__

The house already seemed crowded when Dylan pulled up to the driveway to Cole's house. It had stopped raining a few hours ago, but the sky was still a dark grey. He'd picked Felicia up on the way over, and she'd gone on and on about how great of a day she and Xander had had on Friday. 

"It was just magical!" She exclaimed and stepped out of the car. 

"Yes, Felicia," Dylan laughed tiredly, "I've heard. But now we're gonna party." 

"Preach."

Dylan pushed his way through the mix of fully-clothed and half-naked bodies until he got to the kitchen. As he had expected, Cole was leaning against the kitchen island and talking to some chick in a see-through shirt.