t w e l v e

The motorcycle ride back to the Academy was short and sweet, though for both the travellers it could have afforded to be longer. Bea, although still upset by the loss of her beloved black and gold motorbike, was in love with the Harley Davidson. It was longer than her old bike, with more space for both riders. This didn't stop Klaus from sitting as close to the woman as he could, though, wrapping his arms tightly around her waist as he sat behind her. Naturally, Bea's response was to smile stupidly to herself at their close proximity.

Even though the two of them knew that the world was most likely ending within the week, there was still a slight chance that they could stop the apocalypse and come out the other side alive. Five was on the case, and if there was anyone who could find a solution, it was him. 

Bea, though admittedly incredibly scared about the prospect of dying in what she could only imagine as an excruciatingly fiery blaze, was currently in a state of bliss. She would not - could not - allow the future to ruin her good mood; especially as it had been years since she had felt so unequivocally happy.

---------------------------------------

On arriving back at the Academy, Bea parked the motorcycle in an alleyway, hiding it behind a dumpster so as to ensure that it wouldn't get stolen...by anyone else. 

"Well that was a blast!" Klaus said excitedly, as he swung his leg gracefully over the side of the vehicle. "I really do think-"

"You're not getting one," Bea stated, facing away from him as she hopped off her bike and placed her helmet on the back seat.

Klaus exhaled dramatically, as a small child would, before crossing his arms over his chest. "Why not?" he cried.

"Because," the redhead turned to face him, "as we said before: you would crash it. And then you'd get all pissed because you broke your new toy, go to steal mine and then crash that too."

There was a brief pause as Klaus looked up towards the metal staircases that ran along the side of the building. What Bea couldn't see (or hear) was the long deceased Ben, who was resting on the landing between two flights of stairs with his legs dangling down. He had spoken up; the reason behind Klaus' distracted glance upwards. "She's not wrong, you know. You still can't drive a car - how would you ride, or even control, a motorcycle?" Ben asked, mocking his brother's inability to drive, mostly due to his relationship with narcotics.

After a beat, Klaus shook his head, appearing to Bea that he was disagreeing with what she had just said, and not his brother. "That is so not true - I can drive..." he muttered.

Bea stepped towards him, resting a hand delicately on his cheek. "You probably can't," she retorted, smiling as she headed towards one of the Academy's many entrances. As she walked, she continued to talk, asking Klaus a very prevalent question: "Don't you have something important to be doing, that we specifically rushed back for?"

"Do I?" he asked, tilting his head to one side like a confused puppy. 

She stopped in her tracks, turning around briefly to give him a look that said, are you seriously that stupid?

"OH - Pogo!" Klaus shouted, before running in the opposite direction to the woman, waving his arms erratically as he ran whilst chanting the word 'shit' over and over. Bea shook her head fondly, letting out a soft laugh, before continuing her trek into the house.

---------------------------------------

Her first port of call was to find Five; she hadn't seen him since he vanished with haste from the Meritech laboratories, for reasons still unknown to her. She figured he may have returned to the Academy by now, and even if he hadn't it couldn't hurt to check.