f i f t e e n

*Present day - The motel*

"Number Five, where is he?" Cha-Cha demanded answers from the kidnapped man as she choked him, garrote digging further and further into his pale neck as she did so. This was her preferred method of interrogation; after some general physical damage of course. She tightened her grip on the cord as she heard a strangled 'stop' leave her victim's lips. Oh, she would stop all right - once she had the answers she sought. Her partner stood behind the chair he had strapped the Hargreeves man into, anxiously awaiting information that would prove useful in tracking down their real target.

What neither of them expected to see, however, was Klaus' 'enjoyment' of his current predicament.

"I'm almost there," he grunted, heaving out a breath.

"Is that a-" Cha-Cha asked incredulously, glancing downwards.

"Yep," Hazel responded simply, not believing what his eyes were seeing.

The female assassin instantly released her grip, moving away from Klaus' chair with disgust written clearly on her hardened face. Hazel took a step back too, running a hand through his hair in distress. Their usual methods were not working on this psychopath.

Klaus felt an immediate rush of air enter his lungs as the instrument was removed. He coughed, his throat sore from being constricted for so long. He wasn't in pain though. In fact...it was the opposite. "Oh!" he cried in rapture. "Ah, there's nothing like a little stranglin' to get the blood flowing, am I right?"

By this point, both assassins had taken a seat on their respective beds within their motel room - Cha-Cha held her head in one palm and Hazel rested his elbows on his knees. On hearing Klaus' seemingly ridiculous admission, Hazel stood up, knocking his victim round the head with his hand; and not afraid to do so with some force. "What is so funny, you asshole?" he asked.

Well," Klaus began, mumbling at first, "for one you spent the last ten hours beating me senseless; and you've learned absolutely nothing. I mean, nobody tells me shit!" He chuckled, though not entirely sincerely - his laughter was fueled by his current high and his hidden nervousness. "The truth is, I'm the one person in that house nobody will even notice is gone," he lied. Klaus knew that, although his siblings may not immediately think to look for him, Bea would. They were so comfortable with each other now; particularly after Bea's confession. She was capable of much more than he ever thought possible - and not just what happened to her mother and kind-of-step-father. She had carried the burden of what she had done for ten years, never telling another soul and living with the conception that she was a 'monster'. It was baffling to Klaus that that particular situation had haunted Bea. They were both a part of the Umbrella Academy. They had both been sent on numerous missions that dealt with criminals and evil beings. They had both maimed and killed. The only explanation that he could fathom was that this was her mother. Bea was a late addition to the Hargreeves family; she had been raised by that woman for seven years of her life! And yet...that woman had also abandoned her crying child on a rainy night by chaining her to a wealthy man's fence. Klaus' drug-riddled brain was not in the right frame of mind to comprehend all of this as he was constrained to an uncomfortable chair. He would have to ask Bea for further clarification later. If he ever got out of that motel room, of course.

"You assholes kidnapped the wrong guy!" Klaus cried, laughing maniacally.

Hazel stood once again, repeating his previous attack on Klaus' head. "Please make him stop talking," he asked his partner, patience wearing very thin.

"Let's waterboard him," Cha-Cha decided quickly. Her patience was also wearing thin, but she had a lot more constraint than her male counterpart. The two of them enacted their torture, hoping that they would finally be able to extract some semblance of information from the involuntary pawn in their game. Their desired result, however, was still miles out of grasp.