t w e n t y . f i v e

As soon as she recognized exactly who it was that had crash landed in front of her, Bea rushed forward, attempting to aid a disheveled looking Five in getting down from the top of the bar. Her actions were in vain it seemed when, in his effort to stand, Five rolled unceremoniously onto the floor on the opposite side of her. "Five!" she called out, circling the bar. As she and Luther dragged him to his feet he turned, snatching Allison's half finished coffee cup from her hand and stalking across the room.

"Who did this?" Luther asked, brows pulled into a tight frown as he took in Five's less than perfect appearance. The boy's usually pristine uniform was covered in an ashy residue, as well as being torn in several places. His hair was messy and he had several cuts adoring his youthful face - something that concerned a certain water-bender beyond belief. She would certainly be having words with him later. 

Five shrugged, not eager to waste time with trivial questions. "Irrelevant," he responded simply, walking away from the group and downing the caffeinated beverage. 

It wasn't missed by the other members of the Academy that he was limping. What the hell happened to you, Five? Bea thought, pushing to the front of the group as she watched him. 

"So," Five faced them with a grim look, "the apocalypse is in three days. The only chance we have to save our world is, well, us." He bit out the final word, his discouraged tone speaking the words he truly wanted to say for him.

"The Umbrella Academy," Luther affirmed.

Five glared at his brother, his emerald eyes narrowed and emphasizing his patronizing response. "Yeah, but with me, obviously." His berating gaze moved from Luther to Bea, followed by Allison, Diego and Klaus in turn. Bea couldn't help but feel hurt by it, especially when she didn't feel as though she had done anything to deserve it. She and Five had been through so much over the last five days; she had confessed her ugliest secrets and he his. Whatever had happened to Five since his disappearance at the meeting with the assassins had seriously messed with mind - and Bea's heart hurt to see the aftermath. 

Five wasn't finished with his reprimanding as his eyes swept over his family. "If y'all don't get your sideshow acts together and get over yourselves, we're screwed."

"Hey!" Bea automatically responded, her voice timid.

Though she was ignored by Five, Klaus immediately snapped his eyes to his left. As he focused on Bea, he once again felt guilt eating away at him, threatening to leave nothing behind. If 'sideshow acts' were what Five was looking to shut down, then Klaus would certainly have to try again with the woman he loved. There was no way that he could waste any more time having her be angry at him. He would force her to forgive him - to love him again - if it was the last thing he ever did. If the apocalypse inevitably happened, then he would die with Bea clutched tightly in his arms. 

 "-to give us a fighting chance to see next week, I've come back with a lead." Pulling a scrap of paper from his blazer, Five turned it over in his hand. "I know who's responsible for the apocalypse."

Bea wanted more than anything to grab hold of that slip of paper; to open it and finally know who their target was. But, as she stared unwavering at it, she just...couldn't. A lead was exactly what they needed if they had any hope of surviving into next week, and yet it was all starting to feel too real. She had been coasting through life that week, often feeling as though she were floating up, outside of her body and observing the nightmare unfold before her. Watching as relationships were mended and broken; watching herself struggle more than she ever thought she would. Seeing that name would be the catalyst to whatever events unfolded over the next few days. Bea didn't know if she would ever be ready for it.