28

You figured out that Taeyong was expecting something from you for his birthday. But you regretted not asking him directly. In the end, you decided to call Jeon Jungkook, the closest guy to Taeyong. Seriously, why did he told me yesterday when his birthday is today?

As you were dialing Jungkook's number, a thunder roared through the dark sky, which startled you and made you dropped the phone in your grasp. "Shit." You picked up the phone and called Jungkook again.

You stared outside the window of your room, not liking the dark gloomy sky outside. It rains a lot these days, you thought. After that, you heard Jungkook picking up the call and it was very loud on the other side.

"Herro~" Jungkook piped in a drunken manner. You realized that he was definitely clubbing with his friends and was drunk. Seriously, he's underage, you thought.

"Jungkook, it's me, Y/n." You said.

"Ah~ Y/n! What's up? Have you finally made up your mind to date me?" Jungkook asked drunkenly while laughing like an old man. You rolled your eyes when he tried hitting on you.

"Not even in your dreams, Jungkook." You said. But Jungkook suddenly went silent and you were afraid that you had hurt his feelings.

"Oh, really? Then I'll hang up." Jungkook said monotonously which made you broke into sweat. Upon hearing you being frantic, Jungkook smirked triumphantly and decided to hear you out a little longer. "So, tell me. You need something right? Because I know you wouldn't call me if there's nothing you need from me."

You were totally exposed by Jungkook. He was very observant and sharp like Taeyong too.

"W — well, actually —"

You were cut off by Jungkook, "I'll give you ten seconds only."

"Wait — that's — okay, so uh... Taeyong told me that his birthday is today and I was wondering what would he like..." You jabbered and stuttered at Jungkook's absurd demand.

"..."

"Um..." You were waiting for Jungkook's response but he stayed silent, only the sound of loud music was heard.

After a few seconds, Jungkook suddenly burst into laughter, making you frowned, bewildered. "So, you called me because of that?" Jungkook asked, he sounded baffled.

"Fine! Forget what I said. You're just going to make fun of me." You said in a shrilly voice. You were about to end the call when Jungkook pleaded you to not hang up the phone yet.

"Okay, I'm sorry! I'll tell you!" Jungkook yelled because he couldn't hear his voice clearly over the booming speakers. However, you felt as if your ear was bleeding from his brutal shout. "Taeyong likes chocolate. Especially with alcohol in them." Jungkook stated but you can feel him grinning while talking.

"Okay... Thanks." You said before ending the call.

Jungkook pouted as you ended the call abruptly before he could say anything. "Tsk, no I love you's? She's cold." He uttered in a sulky manner.

Taeyong who was also with Jungkook at the club, saw him talking to someone on the phone. Out of pure curiosity, he sauntered through the throng of people and tapped on Jungkook's shoulder. Jungkook flinched as he swiftly turned around.

"Who was that from?" Taeyong asked, for some reasons, he had a feeling it was you who called him.

"Oh, hyung." Jungkook saw the curious and eager look from Taeyong. An amused grin stretched across his face as he thought of teasing his curious little friend. "It's from Y/n. Why?" Jungkook asked.

"Nothing in particular. But why did she called you?" Taeyong knew something happened as he could tell from the playful grin plastered on Jungkook's face.

"Curious little cat, huh?" Jungkook chuckled. "What would you do if I say it's about you?" He tested Taeyong.

"Don't mess with me, Kook. I'll set your pants on fire." Taeyong threatened with a smile on his face. Nothing scares Jungkook more than his fake pretentious smile.

"Okay, fine. We did talked about you. Since today is your birthday." Jungkook spilled the truth which surprised Taeyong. He felt a big wide smile slowly etched on his face at the thought of getting a present from you.

"I wished you didn't tell me." Taeyong mumbled with shades of red spread across his cheeks. Jungkook scrunched his nose in disgust at his embarrassed friend.

"Ew, stop it, hyung. That's gross."

•••

You had went out to buy a box of chocolate at a store nearby. It was quite an expensive chocolate since there was 10% percent of alcohol in them. You were hoping that Jungkook wouldn't be a jerk to open his big mouth to Taeyong about the present.

As you entered your apartment, you took off your jacket, which was a bit damped from the harsh rain outside. You put the umbrella near the front door and went inside to your living room.

"Maybe I should clean the place up a bit?" You soliloquize before tidying up your place. You didn't want Taeyong to think that you were a dirty and lazy woman.

"Wait, but isn't inviting him to my house is a little bold?" You worried again. You were always over conscious with every act after you realized you like Taeyong. "But then again, we are neighbors so it isn't that weird to invite him over."

The rain was still heavy and loud outside. The sky was grey and bolts of lightning flashed through your window, which scared you a little. It's his birthday but it's raining so hard.

You grabbed your phone which was on the coffee table and started dialing Taeyong's number. You called him and after a few seconds, he picked up the call. You didn't know why your heart almost stopped when he picked it up.

"Hello?" You could hear his gentle voice and your heart melted.

"Y — yeah, um, Taeyong —" Taeyong heard your voice and automatically, a smile curled up his lips. She sounds so nervous. How cute, he thought.

"What's wrong?" Taeyong asked, an obvious change in his tone. He sounded more enthusiastic and ecstatic.

"That's um — I — I want to —"

As you struggled to build one sentence, you abruptly halted when you heard some women's voices on the line. Your head went blank and out of nowhere, you felt embarrassed. He's with some women. And I was about to ruin that by inviting him over. Geez, I knew it. I was being stupid. Why would he need to be with me when he's having fun over there?

"Actually, it's nothing. Sorry for bothering you." You suddenly changed your mind, which bothered Taeyong.

"Wait, hold —" Before Taeyong could finish his sentence, you ended the call.

You put down your phone on the table and threw yourself on the couch. You were the one that pushed him away but you didn't know why you felt pain in your chest. Though after few minutes, the pain became numb and you felt soul less. You stared at the ceilings for solid ten minutes before you heard someone knocked on the door.

You quickly shot up from the couch and you felt a little energized than before. No way! Did he actually came here?! You thought as you ran towards the door. Your hand reached for the doorknob and you pulled the door open with a visible anticipation on your face.

But your expression changed drastically when you realized that it wasn't Taeyong who knocked the door. Your eyeballs almost fell out of its sockets when you saw,

Jimin.