30

"Taeyong, I like you."

You felt more unsettling after the words escaped your mouth. You were afraid of the next word that was going to roll off his tongue, what would you do if he says he doesn't like you? You felt the need to run away. But you were resolved, partly, and you think of what sort of expression to make if he rejects you.

Fifteen seconds had gone by and Taeyong's lips didn't even parted ways and two of you drowned in silence amidst the heavy rainstorm outside. Your eyebrows twitched when you saw no reaction on Taeyong's face. Taeyong also raised his brows, his hand making its way to the back of his ear, indicating that he didn't hear what you said.

Your cheeks flushed red, heated from the embarrassment you had received. Out of all things, Taeyong didn't hear your earnest confession, all because of the loud annoying rain that was pouring down outside. You immediately shifted far away from Taeyong, recoiling in embarrassment on the far end of the couch.
However, you were startled by Taeyong's sudden outburst of laughter. Your eyes rounded as wide as it could, wondering if he was possessed or something. He was laughing boisterously while clenching onto his stomach, tilting his head back. You watched him in genuine perplexion, also a little terrified.

"You're so - I can't -" Taeyong's laughter died down a little as he tried to speak. Though they were all drowned in his laughter so he couldn't mouths a proper sentence.

"What's so funny?" You frowned, starting to get annoyed.

"I heard you."

"What -"

"I heard what you said, Y/n."

Your mouth were still a little parted, with your knitted confused eyebrows slowly withdrawing. Densely, you started to realized what he was laughing about. Although, you were still stuck with the same expression, abash and not knowing what kind of expression to make.

Seeing that you were malfunctioning, a small smile adorned his lips as he scooted closer to you. He stretched out his hands, placing them both on your shoulders which made you flinched a little at the touch.

"I heard what you said and," He paused, taking a moment to ran his tongue across his bottom lip before continuing, "I like you too. Way before you did." He giggled, he sounded a little tensed, probably because he was also nervous.

After a while of locking eyes with you, he broke the eye contact. His hands falling down from your shoulders and sat a gap away from you. He heaved out a loud sigh when you didn't have anything to say after that scene.

"Man, I confessed twice now! I've never even confessed to anyone before." He chirped, trying to lose the clear tension in his movements. He didn't want to seemed uncool in front of you.

Though, you weren't even focusing on his movements. Your mind was caught up with his sentence earlier, about how he had never confessed to anyone before. You deemed it as unrealistic since according to you; good looking people always have a girlfriend or boyfriend.

"Liar. The girls would probably sell their souls to the Satan just to be your girlfriend." You spoke.

"I said that I never confessed to anyone. Didn't say that I wasn't famous with girls." He explained, rolling his eyes in the process.

Few minutes later, you lend him your oversized shirt so he could change, rather than wearing his damp shirt that was soaked in the rain. You certainly didn't want him to catch cold because you didn't want to catch one too.

You threw the shirt at Taeyong who was still sitting down on your couch. He caught it with his hand before draping it on the armrest. While he was doing his business, you didn't know why you were standing with your arms crossed and stared at him sliding off his shirt. Taeyong realized he had a pair of eyes darted on him and he had a playful smirk curling up his lips.