The Intern (pt.4)

Peter— Nobody's POV:
   It's been about 2 weeks since Peter yelled at the avengers and he did feel bad because nobody should be treated like that. He saw Tony a few times but when he looked at him Tony kinda walked away. It was after school and he went on patrolling. He felt his spider senses go off and he went where the danger was. He turned the corner and saw all the avengers fighting an army of aliens, they where outnumberd. He decided to help because the aliens where winning from the looks of it. Peter swung in and one by one took them down. After about 10 minutes he had took them all down and they all gave one last look. His spider senses made him turn around to see one of aliens who was on the ground pick up a gun with the last of his energy and getting ready to shoot Captain America. Peter without even hesitating ran towards Captain america and the alien pulled the trigger and the high tech weapon shot Peter. He instantly fell to the ground causing all of them to gasp, Natasha on her way over kicked the alien which knocked him out.
"Spider-man!" Tony along with the rest of them hovered over him. Peter was still breathing but it was difficult through his mask.
"We need to take it off! He can't breathe!" Clint said.
Tony shook his head yes and hesitated pulling it off. He grabbed the bottom of the mask and peeled it off slowing.
"PETER?!" Tony yelled. They all gasped at the 14 year old boy.
"GET HIM TO THE TOWER NOW!" Steve said. Tony grabbed Peter and carried him to the medical wing in his tower and Bruce meet him there and went to work. Tony went to the living room where the other avengers where at wait at.
"Peter is man of spiders?" Thor asked wondering if he was crazy.
"It appears so" Wanda said.
"Why would be jump in front of that weapon" Steve said knowing that if the boy didn't make it, it was his fault, not really but that's what he thought.
"Because you didn't see it coming, he was just trying to help" Natasha said trying to make Steve feel better. It went silent for a moment until Clint spoke up.
"So is nobody gonna talk about the fact that this 14 year old boy kicked our a—" Steve cut him off.
"language"
"our butt I mean" Clint rolled his eyes.
"I uh..." Tony said. They didn't really know what to say to that. After over an hour Bruce came out and all the avengers got on their feet.
"How is he?" Tony being the first to say something.
"He's um... fine? I don't really know but he is stable, he might be in a comma for a few weeks" Bruce said quietly but loud enough for them to hear.
"Poor kid" Clint said. Tony rubbed the bridge of his nose.
"What are we gonna tell his uh... who takes care of him?" Natasha asked.
"His aunt" Tony said slouching at the thought of telling her. He walked to his computer and found her number under Peters file. He looked at the emergency contact number which he assumed was his aunt and called her.
"Hi, is this um, Peters aunt?" He said not knowing how to tell her that her nephew is practically in a comma.
"Yes, this is she, she is this?" May asked Tony.
"I'm Tony Stark your son is here at the avengers tower" Tony had his fingers on the bridge of his nose. May's first thought was that she found out he was spider-man and captured him.
"What the hell do you want with my nephew, can you just send him home. He's done nothing to you so can you just leave him alone" She was not happy.
"But May, Pe—" May cut him off.
"I don't need no but ok. This boy has lost his parents when he was 7 and had his uncle bleed out in his arms. Not to mention has to have a job with the not so super, super hero so we can pay bills. He already has all this baggage and extra wait on his back so give me BACK MY NEPHEW" May was furious.
"May, i'm sorry but Peter he is um..." Tony was nervous.
"Peter is what?!" May was impatient.
"He's in a comma" Tony said and May immediately hung up. She was in her way to the tower and Tony knew that so he informed FRIDAY to bring her to him and Peter.
~ 20 minutes later ~
   Tony heard the elevator ring and he knew it was Peters aunt. She cane storming to him and all the avengers where standing around him.
"What the hell did you do to him" she said looking behind Tony and seeing through the window Peter in a comma with cuts and bruises.
"We where out battling an army of aliens and your nephew, Peter was saving the rest of us from dying and when we thought we got them all down one was barley conscious and used the rest of his energy to shoot Steve and Peter knew somehow and he threw himself in front of Steve and was shot by a high tech. alien weapon." Tony was very upset about this situation.
"H-how is he" May was shaking.
"If he wakes up it should be in a couple of weeks" Bruce said trying to stay together.
"I-If he makes it" Her legs where about to give out but Tony caught her.
"I lost my brother, my sister in law, and my husband.  I can't loose him, he's my nephew and the only person I have left" May way covering her face and crying. None of the avengers said anything and stood there looking down and felt guilty especially Steve. Soon the silence was broken up by a knocking on the glass. It was Peter.
"H-how?" Bruce said not knowing about his enhanced healing. They all opened the door and ran in, May was first and Tony was second and the rest followed.
"You ok, don't scare me like that" May said hugging Peter.
"Hi kid" Tony said and Peter broke his hug from his aunt.
"Hi Mr.Stark" he said with a very small smile.
"Why didn't you tell us you where spider-man?" Natasha asked.
"Well 1, y'all are trying to kidnap me and won't tell me why. And two it's so funny listening and watching you guys after I bet y'all in a fight" Peter grinned.
"we where going easy" Clint said rolling his eyes and it wasn't true, they went all in but Clint didn't want to admit it.
"Sure you where robin hood" May laughed at Peters comment. Steve walked in front of Peter and asked him a question.
"Why would you do that, you should have let me take that hit, your just a kid!" Steve said.
"Well, you didn't see it coming and I wasn't going to just watch you get shot when I could have done something about it. I did that to my uncle and now he's dead" Peter looked at his aunt and back down to his feet.
"Thanks" Steve said putting a hand on Peters shoulder and smiled.
"ANSWER MY QUESTION" Bruce said, he was by the table looking at the charts, he looked a little crazy.
"What?" Peter didn't hear Bruce's question.
"How did you wake up in like an hour when you where suppose to be in a comma for weeks or even dead?"
"Well, i have enhanced healing" Peter shrugged at Bruce and him and aunt May high five.
"Are y'all gonna kill me? Because I will... again kick y'all butt" Peter asked seriously.
"No, we just wanted to know you identity and your powers and what not but we now know your identity and we will talk later. You should go home and rest" Tony said.
"Hey um guys, I just wanted to apologize from yelling at you guys a couple of weeks ago. It was unfair of me and I hope y'all forgive me" Peter asked giving puppy dog eyes.
"He's so cute!" Natasha said like an aunt. Everybody looked at her.
"Did I saw that out loud" They all laughed.
"You don't need to apologize, we understand. We just hope you can forgive us?" Steve said.
"Ya sure" Peter said and he hugged Tony feeling the most guilty.
"It's been what 3 hours since you last ate a meal? "You usually eat a meal every hour so let's get you some food, we know how you get when your hungry" She said pinching his cheek.
"Aunt Mayyyy" He was turning red and the avengers let out a few giggles.
"Bye guys" Peter said and walked out of the room and his aunt may quietly thanked them.

   That day forward, Peter forgave the avengers along with aunt May and soon they got very close with them. Peter called Tony his dad and the rest his aunt and uncle. Aunt May saw them as family too, they all enjoyed one another company.