[05] The Triwizard Tournament

The train ride to Hogwarts was filled with laughter coming out of both Hermione and Aaron. They talked about everything from what kind of sweets they get from the trolley lady to the past few years at Hogwarts.

"Hey Mione, I have something to confess." Aaron said timidly as he avoided the questioning gaze from Hermione.

"What do you mean you have something to confess?"

"Well the night of the Qudditch World Cup, I saw you, Harry and Ron talking with the house elf and I thought to myself that being friends with Harry, as great as it is, is kind of dangerous don't you think? I know it's not the dude's fault but he has such a hard life and he still manages to make the best of it." Aaron spit out all at once and continued to avoid the gaze of Hermione.

"I know you're worried about me, you tell me every bloody day you big dumbass." Hermione said while hitting the back of his head and then quickly hugged him.

"Mione, you just slapped me and then hugged me...am I in an abusive relationship?"

Hermione blushed before she said, "No you git, the slap was for you being stupid and the hug was because I'm thankful that you care about me."

"Oh well, just make sure you're safe first, I can't have my favourite girl hurt." Aaron smiles and messes up Hermione's hair affectionately.

"Hey, I finally figured out my hair situation to make it not look like a bush would you quit messing it up?" Hermione glared but couldn't help but smile at the kicked puppy expression that Aaron was housing at that moment.

"Hey love?"

"Yes?"

"Promise that we'll stand by each other no matter what." Aaron held out his pinky for the pinky promise.

"Promise Aaron." Hermione linked her pinky to Aaron's.

They spent the rest of the train ride napping after the conversation they had and when the Hogwarts's express was nearing Hogwarts, Hermione poked Aaron's cheek until he woke up and told him to put on his uniform and find his friends for the rest of the train ride.

"But Mione, they're so boring, you're much more interesting than them." Aaron pouted and pulled out his best puppy dog eyes.

"Thank you for the compliment but go." She said while smiling and pushing him out of the compartment.

Aaron made his way back to the compartment where his friends were staying and proceeded to sigh before slapping them all awake and getting their asses to change into their school uniforms. They made their way to the thestral pulled carriages and made their way to the castle for the beginning of the year feast. When everyone sat down in their respective houses, Dumbledore said, "This year Hogwart's had been chosen to host a legendary event...The Triwizard Tournament! That of course means that quidditch will be cancelled!"

"You're joking!" Fred Weasley said from the Gryffindor table and Aaron felt Natalie beside him slam her face into the dining table and he chuckled a little bit at her reaction.

Dumbledore continued on to explain after the interruption about the death toll and how the tournament hasn't been instated over the last few centuries and this year the department International Magical Cooperation and Magical Games and Sports decided that it was time for another attempt. He stated that only people over the age of 17 would be able to participate in the tournament. That of course got whole great hall in shambles as people were protesting up a storm. Aaron just sat there rolling his eyes at the commotion and turned to find Hermione's eyes and winked at her. This of course made Hermione turn a bright shade of red as she tried to stop the blush by glaring at him across the hall. He just silently laughed to himself and was interrupted by Natalie whispering to him, "You sure you don't like her just a little bit."