[13] Revelations

Something strange was brewing in Hogwarts. Aaron couldn't exactly describe it, but it didn't exactly feel light and happy anymore. There was a certain heaviness in the air that everyone breathed. He could see Natalie come downstairs every morning with darker eye bags while the worry overtook her in more ways than one. He could see Cedric trying to put on a brave front for the sake of his friends, but he knew himself that this tournament wasn't anything short of terrifying. He could see the life slowly being sucked out of all of his closest friends and he hated that he couldn't do anything.

--

            Aaron knew that the 3rd task was quickly coming, and he decided that he would stop being useless for once and crashed one of Natalie and Cedric's many training sessions. 

            "You two, you're coming with me." He said while waving his wand and muttering pack at the multiple books and quills on the table. His two friends raised an eyebrow at one another but said nothing when they saw the determined expression on their friend's face. Aaron dragged them towards the Forbidden Forest and hiked until he was far into the forest where no one could see them or hear them.

            Natalie finally had enough and said, "Aaron. Are you going to tell us why the fuck you dragged us into the Forbidden Forest?"

            "No but I did bring you to this one spot that I found during one of my first detentions." He slowly traveled to a special tree where he then knocked on the wood in a specific tune. There the tree opened a hidden waterfall. He smirked as he saw his 2 best friend's jaws drop at the revelation.

            "Is there a good reason as to why you've been hiding this from me? If it has anything to do with Hermione then don't tell me." Natalie said.

            "Mate, you seriously hid this from all of us and for what?" Cedric questioned as he pushed pass the branch.

            "Well first off, it's because you two gits never fucking leave the common room unless its to eat! Second off well, I just decided to keep it my personal oasis." Aaron said and took his trainers off. "Well what are you waiting for?" Natalie and Cedric just looked at each other and shrugged before following Aaron and taking their trainers off. The three of them sat in silence for a couple of minutes just soaking their feet in the lukewarm water.

            "I know you didn't just bring us here for a nice little lay around. Tell us what's on your mind." Natalie broke the silence with her question.

            "I'm not sure, I just think that the 3rd task is going to be very dangerous and I don't know what to feel. But I do know that the both of you have been non-stop practicing and learning spells for this tournament. Since Natalie is a much better teacher than I am, I decided that maybe a little bit of peace and quiet would be helpful." Aaron shrugged and looked at his 2 best friend's. Cedric looked some what relieved at his revelation, and Natalie only stared at him with a soft motherly gaze while she smiled.

            "Thanks mate, I knew I could always count on you. Fighting for the last pumpkin pasty on the train during our first year was definitely worth it." Cedric chuckled while lost in memory to a simpler time. Aaron also smiled at the memory. The two boys had been fighting for nothing, since the Trolly Lady always had backups but they just refused to stop fighting.

            "We did get free pumpkin pastys that year so at least that was a plus." Aaron laughed and leaned back onto his hands for support. "Do you guys have a plan for the upcoming task?"

            "I think I found the best possible escape plan for Cedric! I was looking through my old textbooks' about illusions, and I realized that if Cedric can't leave the actual task in any circumstance, he can create an illusion allowing his competitors to think that he left when in reality that's just what they believe. I've been teaching Cedric for hours everyday! At this rate I'm pretty sure my cousin think's that I've stolen her boyfriend." Natalie excitedly explained to the boy.

            "I never knew Japanese magic was so advanced, they seem to have taken the magic we know and manifest it into something that European wizards have never thought of!" Cedric explained with a slight smile.

            "Well and angry Cho isn't exactly what people want, but I guess in order to keep the golden boy safe right?" Aaron smiled softly at his family. "Well, let's get going! Tomorrow is the big day, and well I don't know about Natalie, but Cedric here needs to eat as much as he can before the big day!" Aaron cast the hot air charm on the 3 of them and handed them their shoes. As quickly and quietly as possible they made their way back to their respective common room's to take a nice relaxing break from everything that was about to unfold.

--

            Right before the 3rd task had the whole Great Hall murmuring in in excitement and fear at what the night had to bring. On the edge of the Hufflepuff table you could see Natalie and Cedric going over last minute details and Natalie stuffing a roll in Cedric's mouth forcing him to eat something. In the middle of the Gryffindor table you could see Aaron shaking his leg at an alarming pace and Hermione having to slap his leg multiple times to get him to stop. Beside the lovesick couple you could see Harry James Potter shitting his pants at the thought of having to enter another task.

            "Well, this is it, I think I have to go to the Quidditch pitch early Nat. Thank you for everything." Cedric said before hugging his best friend tightly.

            "You come back to me in one piece alright! Even if you have to pretend to me dead! You are coming back to me in one piece. Understand Diggory?" Natalie said with tears threatening to spill from her eyes. Cedric could only nod while he pulled the girl into a big hug. After the sobs from Natalie calmed down a little bit, Cedric handed her off to her boyfriend and left with a small wave. Fred waved back and wrapped his arm around her waist and helped her towards the quidditch pitch. Everyone filed into the now transformed maze and took their seats while the official's said the rules of the task and announced that Harry and Cedric would be entering first.

            Not too long after that Dumbledore announced the dreaded, "Start!"

A/N: And that will be all today!

Thanks for sticking around and helping stargazing therapy reach new heights! Love you all for this and I hope you enjoyed the calm before the storm.

I'll be off lmaooo

[not edited]