Chapter 6

Rhea's POV

The next morning it was actually sunny. Rose texted and said that her family wouldn't be going to be at school. Bella drove me in and we separated. She went to her friends and I went to class. Teachers were starting to fall into a pattern. Teach a lesson, give homework, the bell rings, repeat. Lesson, Homework, Bell, Repeat. Lunch rolled around soon enough and surprisingly Bella dragged me to sit with her, Jessica, and Angela. Jessica was sitting on the table trying to tan and Bella was looking for Edward. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and I picked it up to see Jasper calling me. I excused myself to go answer it not like anyone was paying attention.

"And here I thought you would wait the traditional three days before calling me," I joked without a hello.

"I thought about it," Jasper answered playing along.

"Oh, I see. And what did you decide?"

"I realized that you are too special to wait."

I felt an unfamiliar heat rush to my cheeks. "You are quite the charmer Mr. Hale."

"Why thank you, ma'am." His southern flare showed through. "So how's school?"

"Boring as always. So what are you doing?"

"Right now talking with you. Emmett's been bugging me to go hunting. Are you coming over later?"

"You might have to come and get me. Bella drove me to school and I don't think you want her figuring everything out just yet."

"You're probably right." The shrill sound of the bell rang throughout the school and I bid my goodbyes.

After the final bell rang I walked outside to see Rose's sleek red car. I walked over to it and got in.

"Hey Rose," I said getting into her car.

We didn't really talk on the drive up to her house. She did, however, tell me that Jasper and Emmett went hunting so it was going to be just us girls for the next hour or so. Bella called wondering where I was and I told her I was with Rose. She invited me to go dress shopping with her, Jessica, and Angela. I flat out refused at first but soon enough she talked me into it and I reluctantly agreed. A few hours later Jasper drove me home only to show up at my window.

Saturday came far to fast and Bella dragged me to her truck. She drove over to Jessica's and we all piled in her tiny car before going to Port Angeles. Jessica pulled up next to a cute little boutique. She and Angela tried on way too many dresses before going back to their first dress. Bella and I sat on the window seat. She gave them generic answers when they asked her what she thought and I never answered knowing that they don't want my opinion. A group of perverts knocked on the window and I pulled my jacket tighter around my body. Both of them asked Bella for her opinion once more and Bella excused us to go check out a bookstore. I gladly left with her.

We reached the bookstore and I browsed their fantasy section picking up 'Dracula' for Jasper. Bella checked out and I paid right after. We were walking back to the girls when I noticed how late it had gotten. The same perverts noticed us and then started following us. We reached an open parking lot and the group of boys surrounded us. I tugged my bag closer to me and tried to get them to stop touching me. A shiny silver Volvo peeled into the lot almost hitting one of them. Edward and Jasper got out of the car and I ran to Jasper. He ushered me to the backseat before making a move to attack the group of boys. I tugged on his hand, pulling him in the car with me and we waited for Edward to finish scaring them.

After I put my seatbelt on I focused on Jasper's eyes watching as they switched from black to gold then back to black. I rested my head on his shoulder and let him hold me knowing it would calm both of us. Bella and Edward started talking about seatbelts and soon enough he pulled up to the restaurant.

"Hey, where were you?" Angela asked as we walked up to the front door.

"Yeah, we left you messages. We waited but we were starving," Jessica added.

Edward walked up to the other side of Bella and explained that we all were catching up failing to mention what transpired not twenty minutes ago. The girls started to leave but Edward being the gentleman he is suggested that Bella and I get something to eat. I wasn't overly hungry, my appetite alluding me, but Jasper insisted that I eat. We walked inside the restaurant and Edward and Bella got their own table so they could talk. I looked over their menu and our waitress flirted with Jasper.

"Jas," I started as soon as the waitress left, "how did you know where Bella and I would be?"

"Alice had a vision of you in danger. Edward offered to drive me up here when he heard what they were thinking about you and Bella," he answered reaching across the table to hold my hand once again.

"Thank you."

"I would do anything for you."

I felt an unfamiliar heat rush to my cheeks and thankfully the waitress brought my dinner before I had a chance to reply. My cheeks had cooled by the end of dinner. Jasper paid for dinner and we waited in the Volvo for Edward and Bella to finish. They came out a few minutes later and Edward drove us home.

We were driving past the police station in Forks and I noticed Dad's cruiser still there and I demanded that Edward pull in. Carlisle was walking out the door carrying his medical bag. As soon as Carlisle said that Waylon was dead I bolted inside to find Dad. I found Dad hunched over his desk and I gave him a big hug. We stayed like that for the longest time then Bella walked in and set her hand on Dad's shoulder.

Dad pulled out two bottles of pepper spray and handed one to each of us. Bella seemed to think now was the best time to argue with Dad over our safety. I wordlessly took the bottle and placed it in my purse. Dad drove us home a little bit later and before I fell asleep I felt Jasper's cold arms wrap around me. I rolled over so I was snuggled into his chest and slowly drifted to sleep.

The next morning I rode with Bella. When we got to school Bella seemed to be scanning the crowd for a certain Cullen. When she spotted Edward she brushed past him into the woods. I watched from a safe distance, next to Jasper, as Edward followed her.

"She knows," Alice whispered, scaring me.