Chapter 4

^^Paul's Graduation gift to Rhea^^

Rhea's POV

I bolted from the monstrosity she calls a truck and walked inside. The decorations were all set and the munchies were out. Rose came downstairs wearing a simple black dress. Jas walked downstairs behind her. He came over to me and I snuggled into his side.

"I'm here, I partied and now I am going home," I said trying to walk up the stairs.

Rose appeared in front of me blocking my path, "Nope. You are staying longer than that."

I groaned before walking back to Jas's side. "Well, you tried," he mocked me.

Loud music filled the house and soon it was swarmed with the juveniles that go to our highschool. Alice scowled at the three of us and told us to smile. I plotted her murder in my head. Edward growled at me but I just imagined Major ripping his head from his body, that shut him up real quick. Jas still gave him a warning growl. Once the heat got to me I found my way upstairs in Jas's room. I locked the door behind me and sat on his bed. The music was still too loud and I could still hear the party but I was alone.

Jasper's POV

Rhea made her way upstairs about an hour into the party. I decided to give her some space. She was different than when I left, more closed off. I knew it was my fault but I didn't know how to fix it.

Rose scrunched her nose in disgust. "The mutts are here," she said with slight disdain. I took a big breath but I couldn't detect anything different.

Jake walked over to Bella and gave a half-assed apology. Paul came over to me and asked where Rhea was. I told him the crowd was too much and that she was upstairs in my room. He thanked me before walking upstairs.

"You trust him around her?" Rose asked.

"Neither of them have given me a reason not to," I answered.

Rhea's POV

I opened Jas's window to let some of the night air caresses my face. A sharp knock sounded at the door before a familiar voice asked to be let in. I unlocked the door and let Paul in before locking it again.

"Still not a party person," Paul said.

"Neither are you. What are you doing here?" I asked sitting on the couch.

"I came to give you a present. It's not much but... I hope you like it." I opened the small black box to find a blank bracelet. He pulled out a second box and I opened that one as well. I pulled out a delicate wolf charm. "It's so you never forget that you have a family who loves you. I figured Jasper could help you fill it."

"I love it! Thank you."

We stayed locked in that room until Paul heard a commotion downstairs. We walked downstairs and I easily found Jas. We followed Bella, Edward, Carlisle, Jake, Quil, and Embry into a private room.

"What's going on?" I asked the room, taking notice of Alice and Ryan.

"They'll be here in four days," Alice said leaning into Ryan.

"This could turn into a bloodbath," Carlisle said.

"What could? What's going on?" I asked.

"Who's behind it?" Edward asked completely ignoring me.

"I didn't see anyone I recognized. Maybe one," Alice said.

"I know his face. He's local, Riley Biers-"

"Wait, that's the kid that Dad's looking for," I spoke up once again.

"He didn't start this," Edward continued.

I nearly screamed. I stalked out of the room to find Rose. I could sense someone was following me but I couldn't tell who. I found Rose taking refuge in the kitchen helping Esme refill all the snacks. I offered some assistance and they gladly took it. I turned around to find Jas had followed me. He opened his mouth but I shook my head. I have given up on Edward and Alice ever understanding me.

"Rhea, you need to know that an army is coming," Jas said stopping me from leaving the room.

"What kind of army?" I asked.

"Newborns, Cold Ones."

"Oh... so what are you going to do about it?"

"We are going to fight and by we I mean-"

"You and your family. Jas I get it. Fragile humans need to stay as far from the fight as possible. I understand. Thank you for telling me." I moved around him and refilled the various types of chips. Jas followed me, hovering.

After a few minutes Jas spoke again, "the pack is willing to fight."

"Won't they get hurt?"

"We all might darlin'."

"You know what I mean. Can you even be ready in time?"

"We'll have to be. Carlisle just arranged a time for the pack to meet with us to train."

"That's good. Make sure that you are careful. We don't know what your new body can take."

"I'll be careful."

I nodded my head trying to let the words sink in. "I want to go to training. Just to observe. I promise to stay a safe distance from the fighting."

"Just one."

I eagerly nodded before planting a kiss on his lips. His hands wrapped around my waist and mine abandoned the chips in favor of twisting in his hair. It didn't faze me that everyone could be watching me. It felt like Jas and I were alone and nothing was going to stop that.

Just like all good things it must come to an end. Our end just happened to be Jake telling us that they were going. Paul dragged him out by the collar of his shirt and I yelled a thank you. Jas let out an actual laugh and I joined him. I could hear Bella huff but I refused to find it in me to care.