Chapter 7

Rhea's POV

"She knows," Alice whispered, scaring me.

"Knows what?" I asked.

"Everything."

Bella and Edward skipped school that day forcing all of us to lie for them. Lunch arrived and Rose was furious. She, very loudly, expressed her displeasure on the subject.

"How did she figure it out?" Rose asked forcefully setting the lunch tray down earning a few sideways glances.

"In case you haven't noticed Bella and I never talk," I snapped at her sitting down putting my head in my hands. Jasper sat next to me and rubbed my back trying to calm me down. I muttered an apology to Rose and she sat down on the other side of me and gave me a side hug. Nobody spoke for the rest of lunch. After school, I rode home with Jasper, Emmett rode home with Rose and Alice.

"I'm sorry about Rose," Jasper said reaching across the console to hold my hand.

"I'm sorry I snapped. I'm not mad at her I just..." I couldn't describe how I was feeling. I was angry and confused and hurt and sad but mostly I was tired. I closed my eyes and fell asleep to the soft hum of the car.

Jasper's POV

Rhea quickly fell asleep against my chest. I thought about taking her home but instead, I took her upstairs to my room. Rose tried apologizing but once she saw the sleeping girl she stopped. Edward came back a few hours later and asked if he could bring Bella over tomorrow. Carlisle and Esme couldn't say no as her sister was sleeping upstairs in my room.

About another hour later I heard Rhea's breathing change indicating that she was about to get up. I sped up to my room and sat next to her head with my back resting against the back of the couch.

"Mornin' sleeping beauty," I whispered.

"Tell the sun to go away," she mumbled into the throw pillow she was using.

"You might get your wish. It's still night time. Come on I have to take you home."

"M'kay." She slowly got off the couch and walked downstairs to the car. I grabbed her backpack and when I went to put it in the car I found her sound asleep.

I drove over to her house and Charlie let me take her up to her room. I dropped her backpack off at the end of her bed and laid her down. I kissed her forehead, bid goodnight to Charlie, and drove home.

Rhea's POV

The next morning I woke up and my head was very fuzzy. It felt like a thousand cotton balls were shoved in my head. Edward picked Bella and I up and drove us to school. After my argument with Rose, I didn't remember much. All throughout the day, Jasper didn't leave my side unless he had to. If he couldn't it was Rose and if it wasn't Rose it was Emmett or Ryan. Bella told me that she kept getting glares from girls because they thought that she was dating Edward. Once again Bella and Edward left during lunch.

After school Rose dragged me to her car and pulled out of the parking lot before Jasper could get in. I asked if everything was okay and she just told me that she has to apologize in person for yesterday to lunch. I accepted her apology and then she accepted mine. Before she drove off to leave my house she promised that she would see me tomorrow. I walked inside, up to my room, did a belly flop on my bed, and fell asleep.

Bella's POV

Rhea had been really quiet all day. After school, I found her up in her room sleeping. I let her be and decided to wash my car. Edward came over scaring the crap out of before pulling the dent out of it. He then invited me to meet his parents.

"What is it?" I asked noting his faraway look.

"A complication. I'll pick you up tomorrow," Edward said. "Check on your sister. Something doesn't feel right."

"I will."

Edward drove away just as Billy and Jake pulled up. Charlie asked Billy to tell the reservation kids to stay out of the woods. I went upstairs to wake Rhea for dinner but I couldn't. Dad drove her to the hospital where Dr. Cullen pulled her into an exam room.

Rhea's POV

I woke up to a blinding white light. I moved my left hand to find it attached to an IV. I moved my other hand to my face to find a nose piece pumping oxygen. I looked to my right to see Jasper 'sleeping' on the couch while Dad was sleeping in the reclining chair.

"What happened? Where am I?" I asked.

"Bella couldn't wake you up so she brought you to the hospital. Why didn't you tell me you were on medication?"

"Because it wasn't by choice."

"What do you mean it wasn't by choice?" Jasper asked.

"I never told you what happened after I got to Renee. Nothing changed. Everyone hated me and Bella saw me as this annoying pest she had to watch out for. I spiraled and Renee noticed. She sent me to a shrink and after talking to me once she decided that I was severely depressed and demanded that I take these pills. I took them once and this happened. I threw up anything and everything I ate. Renee made me take more thinking they would help. I lost twenty pounds in about three days.

"I tried to find where she hid the pills but I couldn't. I called Dad but he agreed with Renee. She lied to him and said that the pills were helping. I quickly learned to never take anything from her or Phil. Somehow she managed and-"

"Rhea, what happened?" Dad asked finally awake.

"Dad, I'm done with the meds. They never helped because I wasn't broken. Renee lied to you."

"I'm sorry I didn't listen to you. I should have known that you wouldn't lie to me."

"It's okay Dad. In a few days, the drugs will be out of my system and then everything will be back to normal," I said to ease his worries.

"Rhea, glad to see you're up," Carlisle said walking into the room.

"How long was I out?"

"Just a day. Can you tell me what happened?"

"Whatever meds Renee forced me to take must have worn off. When can I go home? I don't like hospitals."

"Possibly as soon as tomorrow. I want to keep you overnight for observation."

"M'kay." I felt my eyes begin to droop and I heard muffled voices and the shuffling of feet. An ice-cold hand gently held one of mine and I let the darkness consume me once more. Soft murmurs lulled me out of the dark depths of sleep. I recognized two out of the three voices as Carlisle and Jasper. I cautiously opened my eyes to see Phil talking with Carlisle and Jasper.