Chapter 4

Rhea's POV

I turned back to the house to see several cars surrounding the house. I walked closer to Dad. He was talking with several deputies and they were looking at a map of some kind. I wrapped my arms around him and he dismissed the men before wrapping his arms around me.

"What happened sweetheart?" Dad asked.

The waterworks came back full force before I tried to answer. "T-Th-They... lef-ft...us." Hiccups bubbled in my throat from all the crying.

"Everything will be okay," Dad whispered.

We stayed in the hug for a while before I pulled back and told him I was going to go lay down. A little while later I was woken from my nap by thundering feet on the hardwood. I opened my eyes and sat up from my position on the couch to see Dad carrying Bella. I moved to help him get up the stairs and to her room. Bella was mumbling about Edward and there were the telltale marks of tears on her cheeks. I offered to sit with her and change her into some warmer clothes. Dad gently kissed my forehead before leaving the room.

Thirty minutes later Bella was in warm clothes and he was clutching the area above her heart. I slowly left the room and softly shut the door before going to my own room to change and go to sleep.

~Dream~

I was walking around a house. It felt like my house but I had never seen it before. Loud feet sounded down the stairs and two kids came running into the room. The older girl had rich brown hair and misty grey eyes, the younger girl had honey blonde hair and sparkling blue eyes. They each gave me a hug before going to the living room and turning on the TV.

A third set of feet sounded down the stairs at a much slower pace. I looked back to the stairs to find Jas walking down the stairs cradling a baby boy to his chest. He walked them closer and the baby reached out for me. I carefully took him into my chest and held him close.

"Darlin'?" Jas asked holding me close. "Are you feeling alright?"

Before I could answer the baby boy let out an ear-piercing scream. I tried to shush him and calm him down, to no avail. My vision started to get fuzzy and it felt like I was no longer connected to my body.

~

I sat up in bed and the screaming stopped. Dad came to my door a bit later and told me that Bella had a nightmare. He asked if I was okay and I just nodded my head. I didn't know how a person was supposed to respond to that. My soulmate left me and there was nothing I could do about it. Thankfully I fell back asleep but I did not have the same dream again.

Morning came far too early. As I walked into my en suite and took in my appearance. Tear marks were still visible on my cheeks, there were bags under my eyes from lack of sleep and my eyes looked dead inside. Just like how I felt, numb. After attempting to cover my sleepless night I walked into my closet and pulled on a pair of black leggings, a black tank top, a black skirt, and a maroon sweater. As I was walking out of my room, I remembered to grab a pair of brown boots. I walked to Bella's room to see her sitting in a chair looking outside. I tried to make conversation but it was like talking to a wall.

 I tried to make conversation but it was like talking to a wall

I eventually gave up and walked downstairs. I looked over at Dad sleeping in the recliner before getting the coffee started. I made some toast knowing that I had to eat something as I waited for the coffee to finish brewing. Once it was done I made two cups, one for me and one for Dad. I added some creamer and sugar to mine before taking the cup to Dad. I munched on my toast and drank my coffee, hoping that it would wake me up. Once I was done I washed my dishes and left a note telling Dad that I was going to school.

I took the truck, seeing as Bella wasn't going to leave her room today. School dragged on and on. Lost of people asking questions about how Bella was and what happened to the Cullens. Mike had the audacity to ask me if Bella would go out with him. Needless to say, I slapped him. The sound echoed throughout the lunchroom and it suddenly became quiet. I stormed off to the library and pulled out my phone to call Jas.

"Pick up, pick up, pick up," I whispered listening to the phone ring.

"Hello?" A very sexy southern voice drawled out.

"Jas, it's me..."

"Darlin', is everything alright?"

"No... I don't know. I just slapped Mike. He was being an ass and I couldn't take it. God, I miss you. Where are you?"

"I was just about to go hunting with Rose and Emmett. They decided to stay in Alaska in case you need them."

"Tell them hi will ya,"

"I will. Shouldn't you be in class?"

"I'm hiding from everyone. But you're right. I should go to class and you should go hunt. When are you coming back?"

"In a few weeks."

"Any chance I could see you sooner?"

"Maybe. Rose wants you to call her tonight when you get home."

"Tell her I will. I'll talk to you later. Love you."

"I love you too."

I hung up the phone and walked to class. Thankfully I was only a few minutes late to class. Once again classes seemed to drag on and I was eternally grateful when the last bell rang freeing me from school.

Later that night, after I made dinner for Bella and me, I called Rose. She was very excited to hear from me. We talked for hours. Dad came home and I ended the call. As I walked downstairs Dad was heating up the leftovers. We talked for a bit before he went to sleep.